Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition - The Wealth of Electors (DLC propose)

Honestly the way they introduced us to umbrella civs were wierd and alot of people asked to rename slavs or split indians for example since with new additions that could also fill the unbrella state they confused alot of player

1 Like

Yeah that poll is over a year old and since then we have gotten 4 new eu civs. Recent polls show people want to get out of europe.

So what "ā€œdoes it really matterā€ i mean one dlc with swiss and another civ wouldt hurt

Mat your mising the point the point is eventho its one year old people thought about the idea and its in a greater noshion to not just abbolish these ideas but rather think about what it would take gameplay and history wise to eventually make it a possibility

1 Like

Do you think I have something against non-European civs?

I just want to break down the umbrella civs. At least one South Slavic civ will be enough to complete the smashing of the Slavic umbrella - and it would also be an opportunity to add a new Byzantine architecture set.
Teutons cannot represent all Germans, because they do it in the same way as the Civ Slavs used to be - they are based in Rus, Teutons are based on the Teutonic Order. Saying it isnā€™t true is self-deception. 2 new civs are necessary to break the German umbrella, as is the Indian umbrella. I fully agree with the new non-European civs - especially the new African and Middle Eastern civs. Since there is a limit, it is better to focus on breaking the current umbrellas than creating new ones.

@Szaladon

Besides, I have the impression that you are looking for non-European civs by force because, for example, Mississippians do not make sense in AoE 2 - something else is Muisca, Tarascans and Chimu which were highly developed civs.

The German DLC would add civs with iconic units that almost everyone associates with the AoE 2 timeframe.

Right now it looks like we have room for 9 civs left in the game. Iā€™d rather get out of Europe for the last 9.

Yes. Absolutely. Every civ you post is European.

Meanwhile you propose two new Germanic civs. 4 new south east Europe civs and northern European civs on top.
When we have 9 slots left.

2 Likes

Who said we only have 9 left the hell is this wierd assumption

1 Like

And what is the certainty that this limit is exactly 48 civs?
Or is it 55? or 60?

1 Like

I donā€™t see how or why it would be objectively better. Personally Iā€™d rather focus on the most largely underrepresented areas of the wold. If anything India, China and the Middle East need split far more than the HRE do, solely because of the land area and population they are tied to (and the HRE is already split into Teutons, Italians, Bohemians and Burgundians by the way, not mentioning the Goths who stand for early Germans) and Africa is in a dire need of love.

4 Likes

Game files list slots for 48 total civs

Literally game files say so. And until told otherwise that is what we should base our assumptions on. And seeing as 6 of the last 8 civs have been European its time to go elsewhere instead of your letā€™s add 6 more eu civs

2 Likes

No!

More than once I wrote what non-European civs should be added to AoE 2.

I create topics about European civs because I know the history of this region best and I have a lot of ideas for them. Why should I force civs topics that already have a lot of well-done topics?

But i think its more interesting to break some of these umbrella aspects and maybe the last 6 can be different i mean for christ sake why are you so fixated over the last 9 it takes 5 civs probably to break the umbrella civs and the rest can be from the rather less known parts

1 Like

And yet your actions include recently proposing numerous eu civs when we need love elsewhere.
And we never see you propose non eu dlc.

1 Like

Or maybe the developers will increase the number of slots?

Because we have 9 slots to cover India, Africa, possibly adding something in China etc.

So when you got mutylator proposing a minimum of 6 of those being strictly Europeanā€¦

2 Likes

Honestly we break umbrella with 2 undian civs and 4 europian who said the last 3 cant be non eu

And if thry do great. We can visit Europe then. Until then the last 9 should be out of europe

1 Like