📜 Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition — Update 44725 & 44834 & 45185 & 45340

Age of Empires II: DE - Update 44725

Welcome to another monumental week for Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition! Not only are we kicking it off with a transport ship full of features and fixes, but we’re laying the groundwork for the first official expansion—Lords of the West—which introduces two new civilizations, three new campaigns, and expands the tools with which to build your empire!

:scroll: Read up on the Changes: Age of Empires II: DE — Update 44725

Age of Empires II: DE - Hotfix 44834

Today’s (January 28) hotfix introduces a handful of solutions for some of the gameplay issues that cropped up with the January update, while work continues on other bugs you’ve reported—including specific crashes that some users are experiencing.

:scroll: Read up on the Changes: Age of Empires II: DE — Hotfix 44834

Age of Empires II: DE - Hotfix 45185

Here we go! We appreciate your patience as we bundle up and test another package of fixes for Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition . Today, our focus is on the prevalent crashes and errors disrupting the community while sneaking a few balance changes in for our new civilizations.

:scroll: Read up on the Changes: Age of Empires II: DE — Hotfix 45185

Age of Empires II: DE - Hotfix 45340

We’ve issued a new Steam build for Age of Empires II: DE to fix issues the community have reported. The build for Windows Store will follow. Until then, crossplay will be temporarily unavailable. We’ll update when the second build is available.

If you have an issue, please head to support.ageofempires.com .

Learn More…

:speech_balloon: Join the Discussion: Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition

:smiley: Get Involved: Age of Empires on Discord

Enjoy!

7 Likes

hi, i want to ask you about when will you update aoe 1 de, because it needs much work.
thank you

5 Likes

Evangelos, here is another bug, well explained by AgeOfNoob on YT. I think devs will easily fix the bug now, when watching the clip:

Same goes for Coustellier x2 Bug and when it is applied:

9 Likes

Both issues are being tracked. Thanks for the information!

3 Likes

Is this being tracked?

Evangelos, here is another bug, noticed and explained again by AgeOfNoob on YT. I hope it helps. Also, I hope devs are making progress with high CPU/GPU and random crashes. Last night, my friend had lots of drops for no reason in team games, and that never happened before.

1 Like

Modri and Viper playing a Showmatch and are having issues with game. Modri has freezes all the game, and Viper feels game is a bit slow than usual. You can see some of the messages in there as well. Clip has maximum of 60 seconds, but they continue talking about freezes and issues with the game:

They even switched to play with old patch after this, as Modri had to many freezes and lags.

1 Like

I cannot access my saved files. This happens when I enter a scenario and then choose to load game.

Or in the main menu in individual game, if I click load game, the screen goes black and I hear the background music only.

Nt.: Carregar jogo = Load Game

How could they switch? Is it because they have Steam branches for previous tournaments?

Since the hotfix, I haven’t been able to load any recorded games, even games I played less than 20 minutes earlier. I experience a desync/the usual error message that displays when trying to view recorded games played on older patches, within the first ten minutes, for every file.

Issue is being tracked and a fix is in the works.

Game performance is certainly a priority following the update, and will continue to see fixes until it gets back to a good place.

2 Likes

Hi. When arrives the next patch/hotfix?

Hey Evangelos! units seems to stuck in buildings sometimes :confused:

When you fix cpu usage, we cannot play 10 days, can you just tell us are you fix that ore noth??

Praying yall fix soon

= UPDATE =

A new hotfix is available with crash and performance improvements following the January Update. You can read the full details here:

1 Like

Hotfix 45340
We’ve issued a new Steam build for Age of Empires II: DE to fix issues the community have reported. The build for Windows Store will follow. Until then, crossplay will be temporarily unavailable. We’ll update when the second build is available.

If you have an issue, please head to support.ageofempires.com.

4 Likes

Hello!

Note that the “lag”/“apparent low fps”/“bad scrolling” can be caused by the limitation of computational ressources according to the screen refresh rate. If your developers/testers have 120Hz displays or more this may not be noticed before the hotfix release.
This can be tested by attaching a 60Hz monitor or lowering your refresh rate by Windows/display driver settings.

After the intial release of Lords of the West the scrolling (and game in general) felt super smooth. In my case the game ran with about 300 fps on a 70fps monitor with FreeSync.

Additionally it would be useful to have an ingame option to cap the computation to the display refresh rate or let the computation run maxed out.

The recent hotfix completly broke the game again, please considering rerolling to the previous release and just fix the unit stats from mongonel/coustilliere/turtle ship.

@GMEvangelos
@ADragon8602

I hope i can help you and wish you good luck with your development.