AOE II Dawn of the Dukes: Bohemians and Poles

And finally it will be peace with guesses.

I am very happy with the Czechs civ (siege machines & Hussite campaign) and the Poles civ (Obuch sounds great - used from the 16th to the 18th century by the Polish nobility. It was a weapon often used in duels and brawls. but the difference was not great, hence it was forbidden to bring this type of weapon to regional councils, as well as to some churches.

In old Poland, the wearing of pillow cases was so common that even a rhyming saying was created:

"No carabels, no sheets, no pillows, no bed."

& Wawel Cathedral as Wonder)

King Jadwiga’s campaign (saint, patron of Poland) is not what I expected, but it’s cool. In Civilization 6, she is the leader of the Polish civ - they probably wanted to make a campaign about a woman. I think it’s a good choice.

Lithuanian campaign - FINALLY
Pagan Lithuanians fighting against the Teutonic Order, something beautiful.

May they add the Battle of Grunwald as the Historical Battle.

4 Likes

You are right ! Nice catch !

7 Likes

Wawel Cathedral - symbol of Poland

9 Likes

and the battle on ice as historical battle as well, the infamous alexander nevski

1 Like

About Poland, Hussites ( which I’m studing right now ) and Lithuanians or even Ancient Rome, ofcourse !

And when we get Indian expansion, You could teach me to meet the land of thousands kingdoms :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

It will be probably in Jadwiga campaign. I’ mean, not probably, but 100% confirmed :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Now the Slavs civ MUST change their name to RUTHENIANS

Alexander Nevsky was a great campaign for this civ. Vlad Dracula tells about a Romanian ruler - specifically Wallachian.

6 Likes

She is also a descendent of the Bosnian ruler Stephen II.She is his granddaughter.I love how my ,at that time ,occupied country is in some way represented!

7 Likes

Civil War (20 characters)

2 Likes

The Battle of Grunwald took place 11 years after her death.

1 Like

Last scenario of Joan de Arc campaign is taking place when she is for many years dead.

5 Likes

but vytautus was in this battle, and he will also be introduced in this campaign as in the description

2 Likes

This is a MUST at this point.

6 Likes

Now it’s time for the rest of the world.

It’s a pity that these DLC only add 2 civs. I am concerned that only small DLCs for this game will be released in the future.

May AoE 3 receive more huge DLCs.

6 Likes

AOE 3 DE will get african civs (Ethiopians and Hausa)

5 Likes

The castle of the Poles looks almost like Benzin Castle in the south of Poland, used to defend against the Magyar incursions from the south. I still wish to go see Benzin Wawel sometime. I so hope next year I’ll be able to visit Poland again.

5 Likes

Hoping we get some info on them today.

4 Likes

2 African civs are definitely not enough. It should be a DLC with 4 new African civs.

9 Likes

lol and here we are prasing the devs to atleast visit africa XD

3 Likes

Tbh It was always a bit Eurocentric but 6 of the 8 civs we have got since DE was released are European

3 Likes