**[BUG]** Enemy Buildings Return Invisible when not in LOS

Thanks for the added note. It appears that the team has identified the issue and has a fix in testing. It is unlikely to drop until the quarterly update, though please feel free to make a case that lets us know this is significant enough to warrant prioritizing over other issues. Otherwise, keep an eye out for the fix in a future update!

3 Likes

I was convinced that this bug would never get fixed. That’s why I stopped playing this game. I was pleasantly surprised to see it finally getting some attention. I would definitely say that this bug warrants some priority because it has been in the game since launch and makes some campaign missions unplayable. I would be happy to provide any more information or a save if that would help.

1 Like

Wouldn’t a ‘the sooner the better’ approach be better for something like this?

I doubt that stupid chat filters are more important than this bug :clown_face:

Please also list the more important ‘other issues’. I don’t have any other issues

1 Like

See this list I’m running then, plenty of other important bugs there. (all of which were reported months ago but didn’t get a fix :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: 4##### 101.101.40874.0 5548497
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: what is this?

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

At the Le Loi campaign, mission 1, you have a shared line of sight with your allies.
however, this shared LOS is bugged. I can see my allies’ buildings excluding walls, and i can see “light” around their buildings (as if i have their LOS). However, i cant see enemy units, their units, or anything that is within their LOS.
I can however hear fighting voices when i look at their base, but i cant see the soldiers!
This bug DOESNT mess up with my regular LOS, and if i arrive at their base i can see things normally using my own units’ LOS.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s how to reproduce the issue:

1. Start the Le Loi mission 1 scenario.
  2. wait for the LOS of your allies to appear (it doesnt appear on the minimap)
  3. see that its bugged.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

in this game, at around 6 minutes of game time, if you look at the orange allies at the south, you’ll see that something isnt right with their LOS - you cant see their walls, and you cant see their soldiers (and they have soldiers).

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

a picture wont represent this as good a the recorded game.

2 Likes

Exactly the same issue here. The game is currently unplayable for me…

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 40874.0.5548497
  • PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

The issue happened one day, and it is continuously existing. In Le Loi campaign 1, when two allies were introduced, no appearance of them on the mini map. In
Gajah Mada 1 campaign, when Mongol built the alliance, no appearance of it on the mini map.

However, if I move my screen to the territories where my allies should be on the big map (unexplored), there are buildings without line of sight. However, the buildings are not fully loaded, for example in Le Loi 1 there are castles of allies but no walls in the first glance. I have to explore the territories using units to fully see all of the buildings.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. For me, just start any campaign game.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

1 Like

To further clarify, it seems there are no such an issue in campaigns like Saladin and Prithviraj, and thus I should say the LOS issue is specific to Le Loi and Gajah Mada campaigns.