Civilization Idea: Venetians

I already proposed a fan design for such civ time ago, and I can say that I already collected the feedback of several people, so if you want to check it out. There you can find several ideas, feedbakc, sources, opinions and info in general.

This is the last draf of the civ:

There is still the debate about giving them a 5th bonus, of free infantry armor, I struggling to see the historical justification for that though. maybe you can help me there.

The tech tree is similar to yours, except for a FU barracks and a worse stable. Some other small differences too…

The UU is yet to be decided, the choice is between an infantry UU (fante de mar) or a cavarly one (stradiots), you can find the description there.

There is also a water UU, the Galeass.

Lastly, I even suggest a campaing for the civ eventually.

As for your design, this is my opinion:

I did something like that too, but then I thought that it would be too similar to the persians bonus, and maybe too strong in dark age.

Pretty bad onestly, both are units that are rarely used, and leave the civ vulnerable before imp.

Might work, but mayans have something similar, and don’t really work that well for them if I’m not mistaken…

This might work, simple and not OP, but not useless neither.

This is broken, even at a lowered rate. Kmer at least they are bounded to the place where they place the farm. But wood, wood is everywhere, you can simply chop wood anywhere and save soo much time from the trips. And also wood bonuses it doesn’t work well with water civs, beacuse they make them too strong.

Mmm, not grat, the main purpose usually is to not lose too many units, and for that price it’s not worth it.

Again, not a fan of this, petard and gunpodwer are super situetionally units.

This might work, but it need testing… not liking the name though…

So baiscally a chep CG? Am I right?

Again, it might work, but need testing too…

This might be a problem against meso civs.

That won’t work, either one or the other need to be there.

The problem that I generally see with your design, is that you have made them really strongo on water, even broken, but they don’t have much on land. The gunpowder bonus will probably be ignored, and people would just play xbow because of the sick wood bonus (that will never make it into the game…).

1 Like