Decaying Corpses and Skeletons

@ApeSilent, do you know, how to make blood more transparent? Because you made Crimson Blood mod, you probably know :smiley:

I decided to go for a more vibrant style since the games’ graphics are pretty vibrant as well.

The blood textures (and other particles) are stored in .dds files which you can quite easily edit. You’d simply open the blood.dds file (resources_common\particles\textures\atlases) in an image editor that can read .dds, change it’s transparency and save in .dds again. This might come in handy: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

1 Like

@Aberahamah, @Darkness01101, @Medve1987
Visible Corpses mod has been released :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks Yorok0! Worked well for me. I don’t need the extra blood/gore, so I didn’t subscribe to that. Is nice to have them on the battlefield for a while after dying. There are some improvements I’d like to the visuals (in terms of vibrance and decaying to skeletons, akin to AoE2 CD-ROM edition), but I’m hoping Microsoft addresses that in an upcoming patch. This helps get me by nicely in the meantime. Good work, and thanks for letting me know :smiley:

2 Likes

Hear, hear!

Make it a toggleable option if you care so much. But give us blood, skeletons and gore. Even Warcraft 1 had it.

3 Likes

I want subtle blood, skeletons, and decay like the old games. I was just saying I didn’t need the fan-made blood/gore… it’s a little over-the-top gory in my opinion with the realistic spatters and vibrant colors. It’s supposed to be Age of Empires, not Dexter, lol

3 Likes

AoK had it as well, but the DE removed the skeletons and longer decays. IDK why

1 Like

Will the decomposition of bodies (for ~5 min) be added as in the original?

3 Likes

Would be fun, but maybe this mod will compensate missing decompositions somewhat for you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you for the mod, but have the developers ever responded to this topic?

Skeletons have been asked by many people. This topic contains the only answer from game developers, that I have ever seen about this request:

Developing decomposition to skeletons would be very hard for modders to do, so there is not much hope to ever see it in DE :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

WHEN is this ■■■■ going to be added?

4 Likes

Nevah

That’s may be why i’m playing Total War Attila right now.

What do you exactly want?
Visible Corpses and Crimson Blood mods are not suitable?

OK, I understand that these aren’t as important as the many crashes and issues,
But I wanted to address this long-existing problem of DE (alongside the chat filter + delay which there is a fix for it:
Here's how to get rid of AOE2 DE censor entirely:)

So, as we all know, when a unit died in AOK, AOC, and every version after them (HD, WK, UP), they were having a slow decay animation, and then they would slowly become a skeleton.

But now, not only the decay is very fast, but there are no skeletons in the game.

Now, the funny thing is, the Skeleton exists in the scenario editor and a few campaigns. So, the models themselves aren’t gone, but not used.

I understand that AOE2 DE tends to appeal to a younger playerbase, but still, the devs should at least add the options to turn on/off the decay + skeletons, like in many games that let you turn on / off blood.

As much as a credit I can give to @Yorok0 for his amazing Visible Corpses Mod, it’s still lacking the proper decay animations (which is not his fault, of course, the game lacks those animations)

10 Likes

yeah would be great if they added them skellies, but it might have something to do with performance issues, or simply human workload

That’s why it should be an option.

Also, skeletons are already there, so I don’t think it will take a lot of time

4 Likes

i always find it funny when a thread is merged, we get reminded how the devs have paid zero attention to an 8 month old request…

5 Likes

Not all the mods are devs tho, let’s be fair

2 Likes

As @ArshiaAghaei said, not all mods are devs; but, also, a lack of comment or lack of implementation doesn’t necessarily equate to devs not paying attention. The devs are free to review and not implement things, right?

This topic could be discussed in the forums for months, years, or decades, and it wouldn’t, necessarily, mean the devs didn’t pay attention. Their decision could just be, “Nope, we’re not going to do that,” and are choosing not to comment. Maybe they’ve talked about it for hours, days, weeks, and months internally; we would never know.

That said, I’d also prefer to have it how it was in AoE2 pre-DE versions :slight_smile:

5 Likes