Disconnect after few minutes playing multiplayer (Problem persists after update)

No real D/C issues with the exception of 1 or 2 here and there since launch. But now the D/C’s are becoming more persistent within the last 2 weeks.

Steam files successfully validated. Have killer hardwire internet set up. This is the only game that D/C’s.

Please advise.

The hotfix to prevent crashes was the reason for my crashes for the first time.

Ironic, isn’t it?

PROBLEM SOLVED
Alright, I was in the same situation (5min DC) but the games did not disconnect when I was playing at my parents or at work. So smth was definitely wrong either with my ISP or with my modem. But it was not my computer’s fault.

I could solve the issue by asking my ISP to modify my IP WAN adress. It needs to be a public one but I had a private one (beginning with 10.xxx). This is because IPv4 are almost saturated so ISPare greedy and give you crappy ones by default. Such private IP are also a cause of home connected devices to not work at all.

Hope you guys will solve it. I’m finally freeeeee :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your fix. I’ve passed it on to the devs that are investigating to see if it helps them along.

3 Likes

1 - Calling your IPS to do X, Y, Z … IS NOT a “PROBLEM SOLVED”.
Is a “problem solved” for YOU.

2 - (BR ONLY) Para os Brasileiros PAREM DE FALAR PORTUGUES este eh um forum gringo!

3 - So frustrating that after almost 90 DAYS this critical bug still not fixed.
And all the “solutions” are user-end solutions. Like use a VPN, use mobile 4G…
Come on MS, put your :poop: together

4 - Two thousand twenty, and DEVS still are making RTS games that you can not DC, and relog to the game.

2 Likes

Yeah, looks like the issue still persists after the most recent update

1 Like

Just check your IP WAN, you might be in the same situation.
Using hotspot or VPN allow you to bypass your home connexion IP address, so i think it is a global problem anyway. I’m definitely not the only one for whom this will work.
But I do agree:

1. It’s unacceptable to release a game with so many bugs at that time.
  2. Calling your ISP is a pain in the ■■■.
1 Like

Having the same issue since I purchased the game 10 days ago, in EVERY game. Funnily, only my PC suffers from the issue, while my gf is able to play without a hassle in the same network (also, both through wifi). Just in case this is helpful, my specs are (Alienware X51 R3): Intel i7 6700K + Nvidia GTX 970.

Also, VPN does not solve it for me.

Same issue for a long long time, in different computers and networks.
On one of my connections when I was in France, I set up a CPL box to forward the internet network and it worked… for a time. After some time it seems the issue came back randomly.
Now I am back in China, same freaking disconnections…

Not only the dev need to fix the issue asap but also they’d better come back with some nice apologize and stuff to compensate… can’t believe such an old game “refreshed” is less playable than the original version was 20 years ago…

This said, on the positive, I must congratulates the devs for the new multiplayer and ranking system, it’s really dope (if no disconnections).
Would be nice if there was a mod to play with original graphisms with the same not lagging performances, for computers a bit slow.

Please Microsoft, send us an email to say when you finally fixed this major bug, so we can all come back online…

That your gf can play without crashes actually tells me it’s related to your hardware or software configuration. I would recommend to compare the full install base of those two pc’s. Or in other words; in which way they do differ from each other regarding used hardware, installed drivers and applications.

Indeed I must agree with PCS70

It cannot be only the ISP that causes issue - if not anything else its a combination of “setup” on the computer (hardware/software) related with the network adapter / or Teredo and maybe a combination of interactions with certain ISPs.

This issue is just proven to be an absolute mess.

Well i have the same problem now i have done the newest update.
A friend of mine had the problem but i hadn’t before.
Strange that it’s my turn now i’ve done the update.

1 Like

I don’t understand what I have to do exactly to solve the problem from my pc

When using VPN (in my case NordVPN) the game doesnt even connect at all. And even if it would work, since VPN brings a higher latency, its not a good solution

What a hilariously embarrassing scandal for ostensibly improved software! No doubt, multiplayer is better in every way… except legions of players can’t finish an actual game! I think it’s actually worse than multiplayer not working at all; here we all invest time, then failure!

I’ll echo others; everything up to date, then one of our two computers gets kicked after 2-15 minutes and the game ends for the other player too.

If there isn’t a fix soon to turn this into even late-20th century performance software (not some esoteric call your ISP or get a new network card BS solution, Microsoft), I think it’s appropriate to issue full refunds to anyone who requests them.

I expect the Devs have more than enough data to understand contributing inputs, but here’s ours anyway.

Any error message text (if any):

• “You have been disconnected from the network. Please check your connection and try again”

What Network Hardware are you using?

• Intel Wireless AC 950 160MHz (Driver Date: 2019-10-06)

What ISP do you use?

• SFR

In what region are you connecting to the game?

• Avignon, France

Are you using a VPN?

• No VPN

Any other information about your networking that might help the team…

• Updated drivers for everything else I can think of

• Windows 10 up-to-date

• Issue is happening on two different Carbon X1 laptops (one is Gen 3, the other is a new Gen 7).

• ZERO problems with any other software

• My sons and I have played AOE2 (2013, Steam) for a year, and everything was problem free.

2 Likes

So every 3-4 games or so my game disconnects. And it’s fatal, it kicks me or my friend out of the game and we can’t continue playing. I don’t think this is just me as my friends disconnect periodically too.
First, why are these disconnects so frequent?
Second, I think there should be a way to reconnect and continue playing when a desync happens. It shouldn’t just shut down the game. Like in League of Legends for example, you can close the game and reopen it and it’ll reconnect you to your game. Let’s get that feature!!!

1 Like

It’s very frustating indeed. I’m facing this problem too. I’m from Brazil, my ISP is Cabotelecom.

Any error message text (if any):

• “You have been disconnected from the network. Please check your connection and try again”

What Network Hardware are you using?

• LAN_Realtek_19H1_SZ (Driver Date: 2019-11)

What ISP do you use?

• Cabotelecom

In what region are you connecting to the game?

• Natal, Brazil

Are you using a VPN?

• No VPN

Any other information about your networking that might help the team…

• Updated drivers for everything else I can think of

• Windows 10 up-to-date

• ZERO problems with any other software

• I have played AOE2 for some years, and everything was problem free.

Well, the only software difference between her PC and mine was:

• I was completely updated (Windows 10 1909 and Nvidia driver 441.87)
  • She had W10 1809 and Nvidia 441.20

After updating her computer to match mine, we’ve been able to play 2 games without issues. I’ll do more testing tomorrow.

1 Like

That does sound like some kind of progression on your side. Great job.

1 Like

I just bought this game through Steam, and the same day asked for a refund after being disconnected from 12/12 games. This game could’ve been so much bigger if it wasn’t for this major issue. Only happens with this game. I’m having a steady connection to the internet while disconnect happens; i.e. logged into different game at the same time, watching Twitch, etc.