DLC SUGGESTION: THE HORSE LORDS!

Hey guys,

Here I have a suggestion about a new DLC will be really great addition to this game, for now I have only 2 civs but it is good as a start.

1-Scythians

Born with a bow in their hands and raised on the saddle of the horse; those who were the Scythians”.

Civ Description

Horse archer civ

Civ Bonuses

• Horse archers fire %15 faster.
  • Horse archers have 25% more hp.
  • Scouts have 20% more hp.
  • Hunters work 50% faster.
  • Can train a light horse archers in Bronze age that have 6 attack, 50hp, 6 range.
  • No need to build houses but start with -100W.

Campaigns

In the 7th century BC, the Scythians crossed the Caucasus and frequently raided the Middle East along with the Cimmerians, playing an important role in the political developments of the region. Around 650–630 BC, Scythians briefly dominated the Medes of the western Iran stretching their power to the borders of Egypt. After losing control over Media, they continued intervening in Middle Eastern affairs, playing a leading role in the destruction of the Assyrian empire.

By these informations their campaign will be with those civs.

2-Xiongnu

A great nomadic civ and horse lords that raided China and central Asia for a long time in history.

Civ Description

Horse archer civ

Civ Bonuses

• Horse archers deal +2 damage vs buildings.
  • Scouts have +1 attack each age.
  • Can build Yurts/tents (houses) that provide double popultion.
  • Can train light horse archer in Bronze age (same Scythians).

Campaigns

The Xiongnu have a great history vs China and other south/central Asian people and lot of informations about their wars, so their campaign will inculde the Shang, Choson, Persian and maybe Scythians.

6 Likes

Cool, but I think there should be more civs here. After such a long time and after treating the game badly, the developers should be doing DLC ​​with a lot of civs. 2 civs it should be in the free update but not as AoE 1 DLC.

3 Likes

I agree. But as I mentioned this is about my suggestion for what civs should we have more than the numbers; in general I think they should add Celts and Goths too maybe

1 Like

In my opinion, this game should feature civs from the fall of Rome. Late Antiquity / Dark Ages civs.

Each part of AoE overlaps with its own timeframe. AoE 2 is a great example because it begins with the Dark Ages and ends with a Renaissance and great geographical discoveries. For this reason, AoE 1 can easily contain barbarians who contributed to the fall of the Roman Empire.

1 Like

AOE1 lack civs from central Asia like (Scythians and Xingnu) and lack civs from Europe too becasue most of the old history was in the middle east, and in general the middle east will remain the best history and best cultures in the whole world, but in general this is why most of AOE1 civs were middle eastern.

1 Like

Your DLC suggestion could easily turn into Asian DLC. (I once gave a proposal for such a DLC).

2 Likes

I fully agree with you. In general anything for AOE1 I agree with, the game need more unlike AOE2

2 Likes

AoE 1 is too much unloved and abandoned by the creators :frowning:
Antiquity is a nice content that is only a little touched in AoE 1. What I miss the most is the late antiquity / dark ages and the campaigns and civs related to this period (Fall of Rome - Goths, Huns, Slavs, Germanians, and Celts).

Incidentally, I was concerned that AoE 3 would suffer the same fate as AoE 1.

6 Likes

If Scythians get added, I like to dream about the Amazon being their unique unit! :muscle::heart:

1 Like

Unfortunately, I fear that there will be no more additional content to come. :cry:

3 Likes

Have hope, the future is unpredictable but that doesn’t mean stuff’s always gonna be bad.

4 Likes

This makes you the only other user other than me to post a TedEd video on this forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hope never dies. But faith eventually does.

Well, yes - but AOE3 is played by many more people. I wouldn’t see it so black for now.

Many greetings.

2 Likes

AoE1:DE (green) seems to have a more stable playerbase than AoE3:DE (blue):

Source: Steam Charts

1 Like

Yes, of course, AoE1 is already much older and the players who are now there, will also play it until the servers are shut down (AoE1:DE forever :heart::heart::heart::heart:).

While the 3rd part is still quite young and was initially tried and played by more people. The playerbase first sinks I think is quite normal. But it will stabilize and then also have a higher playerbase than the first part.
Just take a look at the activities in the forum. When was the game released? About half a year ago? And there are already a lot more posts than in the AoE1 forum.
That’s not the fans’ fault. We all know the reasons. But it just shows that more people are interested in the 3rd part than in the 1st part.

Many greetings.

3 Likes

If there ever is a new DLC for 1DE, I hope it includes unique units for every civ and also unique wonders. I’d probably be fine with a DLC with few civs if it had those.

3 Likes

Also, maybe Scythians would fit AoE1 better, but I’d like to see them in AoE2 instead. They already appear in the Huns’ campaign anyway.

The Huns have nothing to do in Age2 because of the timeline.^^

2 Likes

Probably the Scythians and Huns (and Goths, and Celts, and Franks) could be in both AoE1 and 2. There’s already a lot of civs that are in both 2 and 3 anyway.