- Build: 101.101.50292.0 6958215
- Platform: Steam
- OS: Windows 10
The Donjon range indicator is very inaccurate in the corners. If you look at the screenshot below, you can see that the length of the straight part of the range indicator is 10 tiles, when in fact it should be 2 tiles to match the width of the Donjon. Therefore, the range indicator is much further away from the Donjon than it should be at its corners. You can have a unit standing entirely inside the range indicator, near the corner, but the enemy Donjon doesn’t shoot at it.
100% of the time (always)
Here are the steps to reproduce the issue:
- In the Game settings, turn on the range indicator. Specifically, I have “Building Range Indicator” set to “Always Show”, and I have checked “Player Color On Building Range Indicator”.
- Also turn on the Terrain Grid Display so it is more clear what is going on.
- Play a custom scenario where an enemy AI starts in Feudal Age and has one Donjon on flat terrain. It will be unupgraded, so it has a range of 8. Place a unit of your own that won’t immediately die to Donjon fire.
- Observe that the length of the straight part of the range indicator is 10 tiles when it should be 2 tiles to match the width of the Donjon.
- Observe that your unit can stand in the corner of the range indicator without being shot by the Donjon, like my screenshot below shows.
- While you’re at it, I recommend double checking all ranged buildings to see if any of them also have bugs: Harbors, Kreposts, Town Centers, Castles, Watch Towers, Guard Towers, Keeps, Bombard Towers, and there are probably more available in the scenario editor. On flat terrain, every range indicator should consist of 4 straight lines and 4 quarter-circles, and the length of each straight line should be equal to the length of the building.
As always, please let me know if someone on the development team is looking at this bug report; it really helps motivate me to know that I’m not sending messages into a black hole!
The length of the straight part of every range indicator should match the length of the building. A unit standing inside the range indicator of an enemy building should have the possibility of getting fired on by the building.
In this screenshot, you can see that the length of the straight part of the range indicator is 10 tiles when it should be 2 tiles. When my Coustillier stands in the position shown, which is inside the range indicator, the Donjon cannot hit it because it is more than 8 tiles away from the corner of the Donjon.
I think you can just look at the screenshot I provided and tell there’s a bug, but here’s a recorded game just because your instructions say you want it.
aoe2de_donjon_range.aoe2record (380.4 KB)