Eastern European Stable looks bigger than it actually is (4x3 instead of 3x3)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: Patch 47820
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

The Eastern European building looks bigger than it actually is, leading to confusion in terms of if there’s a gap or not.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Place a Castle Age Eastern European stable four tiles away of a forest.
  2. See that there’s a hole even though there’s none.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The hole would be pretty clear to see.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

I don’t know if it’s too late to ask that but you might want to look into graphic

9 Likes

Definitely should be looked into. Hopefully it’s an easy fix. It looks like that Magyar stable in castle age (and others like it) has a part of the building oversized. This makes it extend over the 3x3 area.

3 Likes

Is there a fix for that planned? @fe_dev_team

2 Likes

It’s inconsistent. Why should people playing Eastern European civs have to check more if there are walls ingame. Seems unfair.

I’m not even playing Ranked and it bothers me.

1 Like

LOL! The arrogance in this comment.

2 Likes

Wow, how did you catch this one? So the graphic seems to be 4x3, but the game knows is 3x3, creating the illusion of no gap when in fact there is gap.

1 Like

It’s very fast visible in the scenario while switching architecture sets.

I hope @fe_dev_team will fix this issue one day.

1 Like

Its same for some Blacksmith types. Asian Castle Age Blacksmith specifically if I’m not mistaken.

2 Likes

It probably isn’t that extreme than the Eastern European stable but you might be right. Would probably be better to create an own thread for that for visibility.

Hey,
thanks for the report, this issue is now being tracked!

5 Likes

I just wanted to remind you that the Feudal Age stable might also be plagued by the same issue. Not that you forget about it.

1 Like

When can we expect an update on that issue? Still is part of the game.

2 Likes

It’s not just the Eastern European stable. All stable sprites are slightly bigger than the amount of tiles they occupy. The EE one is just the most obvious one.

2 Likes

The Blacksmith sprites are also larger than the amount of tiles they cover.

3 Likes

@RatcicleFan : Doing some additional bug reports would make the general issue of buildings being too big more visible.

1 Like

Feels like changes like these are hard to make for them for some reason.

2 Likes

The priorities and decisions in terms of new graphics are anyway way off with the devs

is was wondering if the magyar stable is bugged or my brain is bugged. thats really annoying, is there a mod to get a normal stable?

2 Likes

is there gonna be a fix to this or it is not counted as an issue?

2 Likes

It’s been two years already :grimacing:

3 Likes