Elite Steppe Lancer upgrade obstructed by Elite Battle Elephant in All Tech Mode

Game Version:

• Build: 36906
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10

Issue:

In all tech game, it is not possible click the Elite Steppe Lancer upgrade before Elite Battle Elephant upgrade.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. Set starting age to the Imperial Age and start a game with All Tech enabled.
  2. Build a stable.

What should happen: All Unit upgarde icons are visible. Researching Elite Battle Elephant doesn’t reveal new upgrades.

What really happens: Elite Steppe Lancer upgrade is invisible, but it’s icon is revealed under the Elite battle Elephant upgrade.

ATTACHMENTS:

4 Likes

Still not fixed :frowning:

prob wont be fixed bruh. they dont really want to support all tech tree

1 Like

Not a reason not to. It’s still a bug.

I would also want to request that they split the hotkeys for battle elephant and for steppe lancer technology. (this can also solve the issue for all tech, since u will at least be able to use different letters)

I want to have heavy camel upgrade and elite battle ele upgrade on the same button, but because they merge the elite steppe lancer upgrade with the elephant upgrade, this becomes a trouble for me when playing Tatars, since tatars have both camel and steppe lancer upgrade.

This issue still hasn’t been fixed. Come on, please fix it.

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 41855
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Here is the problem I’m experiencing…
Research buttons for Elite Battle Elephant overlaps over Elite Steppe Lancer in Full Tech Tree Mode.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)
  • 25% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES)
  • 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)
  • 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
    ALWAYS

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Setup Skirmish Match
  2. Tick Full Tech Tree Mode in Advanced settings at Bottom Right Corners
  3. Start the game with any Civilization
  4. Reach Imperial Age and build Stable
  5. Try to Research Elite Steppe Lancer

You won’t be able to find the button for Elite Steppe Lancer Research because it is hidden under Elite Battle Elephant Research

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

5 Likes

Could you please fix this. This issue has been laying around for months and still hasn’t been fixed.

@TriRem

Would be nice if you would fix this.

@DodoNotDoDo Could you at least please confirm that you are aware of this issue. The radio silence is just frustrating.

I don’t care that All Tech might not be the most popular game mode. It’s an issue which has been staying around for months without any official statement if a fix is coming.

3 Likes

I guess the all techs game mode is not supported. This means any issues and bugs with that will not be fixed.

What kind of fix would you propose? There is no UI space for another button there

You could put them right next to each other and separate the hotkeys.

Alternativelly, a second page like for docks could be an option

2 Likes

Based. They should focus on improving pathfinding

If you are still haunted by the issue, a workaround is to use the hotkey. Basically when tech is stacked, clicking if from front to back, and hotkey is from back to front.

1 Like

It’s still not a fix though. And tell me how hard it would be to separate those two icons so they don’t use the same place in the UI?

This has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion. There’s a lot of bug threads about pathfinding. You can complain there if you want. Thanks.

I would like to know if you’ll fix that post DotD. @Ippert @DodoNotDoDo @TriRem @fe_dev_team

Sorry for the late reply, but this issue is now being tracked. Thanks for the reports

1 Like