Extreme language Filter (Censor)

Why involve politics here?

Will the community then hire them for something?

Because IT IS clearly a political “feature”, since nor the user community nor the developers asked for it.

It came from the high executive of the company, so it’s implementation was clearly a political decision.

3 Likes

two months and counting to fix something that NOBODY ASK FOR and NOBODY WANTS!!!

What a piece of shXt!

2 Likes

Game Version:

Issue:

(Replace with a detailed description of the problem; please limit one issue per thread)

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

All chat is censored if it contains the word “I”

1. chat eithers in the game lobby on in game with a sentence that contains the word “I”
  2. chat is censored

Examples: I need wood; I am coming; I know hes coming after you, but I can’t help right now; I hate this chat.

Even if you know about the flaw, it’s impossible to avoid. I get around it by using contractions; avoiding spaces so that it looks like this “Iam sorry”; or using a replacement word “I’d be great if eye didnt have to do this”

This bug is 100% consisten in my build

ATTACHMENTS:

:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH A SCREENSHOT IF YOU ARE ABLE!)
:heavy_check_mark: (BONUS: ATTACH A VIDEO OF THE PROBLEM HAPPENING)
:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH YOUR DXDIAG IF YOU ARE ENCOUNTERING A TECHNICAL ISSUE)
:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH ANY CRASH/GAME LOGS [IF RELEVANT])

Sign out of xbox live, there will still be censor but atleast not whole sentences get blocked.

1 Like

It’s been two months. And two weeks since we were promised a fix.
Yet @fe_dev_team still haven’t actually done anything and continue to ignore the community.

1 Like

I’m even have censored what allies said. I cant make any strat or talk with them after the game because all i see is ***** * * * *.

2 Likes

Is this communist censorship applied throughout the whole xbox live network? Would be funny. Keep on doing what’s best for your customers MS, we wholeheartedly support you…

1 Like

This is how I’ve understood it:

Yes. However, on xbox (the console) you can actually change your settings involving censorship but this is not yet possible on PC.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Questions about the Game

It would be nice to be able to disable it on AOE2 DE.
Even the IA is sensored on some surendering texts.

Some players names are sensored when a color is picked, and unsensored when no color. Sound like a bug.

1 Like

Test it again now. Seems to be not as bad anymore.
All the taunts work, and “i” and “l” can be used again.
Still censors too much, but it is better now.

UNlinking your Xbox live accout from the actual game, somewhat fixes this problem.

The game ACUTALLY USED TO allow this. During the Beta. It was an option in the in-game options menu.

1 Like

I am disgusted by internet censorship and chat censorship. How does the company get to stop our right to free speech and blanket ban even the letter i. what a joke. STOP TRYING TO RUN OUR LIVES AND LET US SPEAK.

2 Likes

you don’t see all are based in politic lately? All media?
From where you are from early 90’s?

Did you have an actual point? Cause politics don’t mean ■■■■ here, is why involving them into discussions is also meaningless and only shows the person itself is pretty dumb for thinking so. And especially when those 3 words don’t even combine under the same banner, it’s showing the person doesn’t even know wtf his talking about.

So we are no longer discussing about the matter at hand, instead we are digressing on to a completely uninvolved subject and the person leading us to that direction doesn’t even have a clue about the subject. Complete waste of time and doesn’t help the topic in any fruitful way.

Politics can be discussed separately but this is not the place for it.

1 Like

The filter is still a joke. My name “Cyka virus” get’s now fully censored. It didn’t before, so the filter actually got worse. Why you wanna censor “virus” is beyond my comprehension.

If you are incompetent to code a well working profanity filter and don’t even want to give the option to enable/disable it, just don’t include one… This is the whole BF5 joke all over again. Wondering if “white man” also gets censored…

I am the opposite. this is not enough censoring.

Microsoft should be real soft as implied in it’s name, I should not even have to see the censor word show as *******

It should just show nothing and censor ***** all together.