Game crashes when putting a loaded ram on a transport ship

Game Version: 101.101.37650.0 5061880

• Build: 37650
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: Ancalagon

Issue:

In my case I tried to put a loaded (capped) ram on a transport ship in the first scenario of the Joan of Arc campaign and twice the game immediately crashed as soon as I put the ram on the ship - only the second time I realised what caused the crash. Didn’t happen again with an empty ram when I tried for the third time.
Furthermore, I tried with every type of ram. I noticed though that it only happens when “careening” is researched. Without that technology it seems to work fine.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Start any game (doesn’t matter if said campaign or standard singleplayer game)
  2. Load any type of ram with any amount of units (I tried with different amounts of foot soldiers)
  3. Put the loaded ram on a transport ship with careening researched and the game will immediately crash, as if I pressed Alt + F4. (there is no crash report either)
8 Likes

Game Version: 101.101.37650.0 5061880

• Build: 37650
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: Hectornauta

Can confirm it happens to me too. On a transport ship without upgrades works fine but after you research “Careening” the game just closes instantly after you load a loaded ram.

1 Like

This issue also causes crash in Montezuma 6th scenario

3 Likes

Thank you so much, know i know the reason for my crashes during the Kyoto mission.

Its the same problem, when the AI starts to put a loaded ram into a transportship

2 Likes

Oh, then this bug is much worse than I would’ve thought. I never noticed that the AI puts loaded rams so frequently on transports, apparently. I guess most players don’t even know that that is a possibility.

1 Like

Does this perhaps have something to do with the new “easter egg” introduced by this month’s event?
see here
Both seem to work by way of the game’s garrisson mechanic, so there might be a connection.

1 Like

Yeah, I have just seen that too. Might be!

This issue is currently being tracked, thank you for the report

1 Like

Great! Seems like the hotfix has fixed this issue!

1 Like