Gatling guns need to be nerfed

They can only shoot non-stop after sending an age 3 card equivalent of 1000 resources. In most cases it’s not even worth sending in 1v1 it’d be better to ship 2 more gatlings or regulars.

USA ship 3 gatlings, you ship 2 falconets and you win, they ship coffee mill guns, you ship 5 huss and you win. The only cases where gatlings and coffee mill guns win is when you let usa boom for free for 15 minutes and then try and take out 8 upgraded gatlings with 9 ruyters and a fort like the guy above did in his rec lol.

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s my sensation, but I think that the advantage of gatling guns over standard artillery is that unlike cannons, and especially heavy cannons like bombards, they wait for the target to be still, while machine guns fire to everything, even if it is not in a fixed position.

Units that only attack when the target is stationary

3 Likes

If in a team you have difficulty in countering US mono gatling, use Italy or Japan and make culverins and papal cannons and flaming arrows as if there was no tomorrow (micro of course) and then move on to the counterattack. In the opposite case it remains only to pray that its connection will drop.

I agree with the gatling nerf, USA in general is ridiculously pay to win. It might be a bit off-topic, but I would add that flaming arrows should be buffed. Two flaming arrows shipment is way weaker than both battling guns and falcs. Why always make Japan shipments inferior to all other civs? Why so much love for the USA and so much hate for Japan? WW2 is over for a few decades now, remember it but get over it :wink:

Flaming arrows are just as annoying as gatlings to me. Maybe more so because the us doesn’t have the super fast ashi’s to protect them.

Inferior shipments?! WHAT? This civ has a 7 villager card it can send in age 3 TWICE!! Doesn’t get much more OP than that, and no other civ has that ability either. The only civ with a 2 culverin card (and flaming arrows are debatably better) it can send in age 3 is Mexico after a revolt, or India with 2 siege elephants which cost food as well. And Mexico isn’t allowed allowed to even create villagers anymore after the revolt needed to access the culverins. I think Japan also has other villager cards they can send twice in other ages as well. I’m sorry but you’ve lost your mind if you think Japan has bad shipments or is underpowered in any way. Villager cards are so powerful that civs like Lakota have had them removed, and Japan still gets them TWICE in most ages? WTF? And they get shrines and uber units on top of this? They are famous for being the most hated civ for 20 years in this game for a reason, and the reason is being overpowered, they have been nerfed constantly since their release for a reason.

4 Likes

2 flaming arrows should win over 3 gatling guns. They have a 4 range advantage and a 1.4 speed advantage in bombard mode. Unlike falconets, you can 2 shot gatling guns with flaming arrows. They do get 2 shot by gatling guns as well but if you micro them back between shots you can avoid that.

Flaming arrows hard lose culverin wars in age 3. Culverins have a 6 range advantage and require half as many shots to kill a flaming arrow as a flaming arrow does to kill a culverin. They are still nice in falconet wars though and 2x shipments are pretty good.

Sometimes I think, that it would be necessary to do what was done with the Haudenosaunee light cannon, and move all those too powerful artillery pieces directly to Industrial, and I am talking about the Gatling gun, the flaming arrow and Napoleon cannon. You leave a shipment available in fortress age, but the unit itself can only be trained once you reach the Industrial Age, and everyone is happy and content.

4 Likes

I honestly don’t think that is the biggest problem with the Gatling. I’ve been one of it’s biggest critics but, the more I play, the more I’m starting to believe that the problem isn’t that the Gatling is available in age 3 or the fact that Rolling Artillery is a really strong Card. I think that the true culprit is the fact that Coffee Mill Guns is an Age 3 Card instead of an Age 4 Card.

2 Likes

That card shouldn’t even exist, remove that card and increase the negative multiplier against artillery and slightly against cavalry and the gatlings are fine.
If they continue to be strong because you can have so many gatling mass, reduce the shipment to only 3 gatlings like the 3 organs

3 Likes

Gatlings < organ gun … organ guns are the ones that are super op. Just don’t see much play but believe me this.

literally this, stop crying for needless nerfs, you inevitably make the game less fun by doing so

So why don’t they use all the organs but still use the gatlings? If it were true, no one would play United States anymore, or are they all poor at understanding it?

1 Like

The gatlings will bring some democracy

1 Like

I play USA at a moderately high level and whenever I mass gats it’s either because I’m sensing that my opponent is in denial and refusing to build a sufficient number of anti-arty units, or I’ve thoroughly outboomed my opponent and it’s gg no matter what I build, so I might as well do 20 gats and 10 quaker gats just for the lolz.

I’ve never been able to just shove a gat mass into an opponent that was willing and able to deal with it.

los caballos no son sus contras, ni siquiera en la vida real, una gathling mata todo son como 400 balas por minuto en esa epoca, lo unico que puede contra eso es antiartilleria con mas rango

he wrote in public… 5 seconds later our enemies gave up ^^’

1 Like

jajajajajajajaja 19
yes they saved time, they were going to surrender when they were going to see gaths anyway

Troll level 10, but I’m wise to you

1 Like