Japan needs a buff

Guys, I remind you that you should all have a respectful discussion and respect the points of view of all

Yeah, that always bothered me. Japan is actually B tier at most.

Japan has only one flaw. The fact that it is marginally slower at the start. However, if you miss that window or have a civ that isn’t a rush civ you will lose more often than not.

Doesn’t the shrine serve as a house? It’s not like you are even building anything that any other civ needs to build but since heroes can build them no vil time is needed plus you get the eco and LOS advantages.

8 Likes

Japan is a balanced civ. I would put it in the A tier alongside the British Empire.

The only thing I would buff is the Flaming Arrows which is very awkward in killing infantry and mostly acts like a Culverin, but it’s not like Japan needs any kind of buff.

P.S: Still waiting the devs to NERF the following civs: Mexico, USA, Malta, Italy and Hausa. Thank you.

1 Like

Te lo creo de EE.UU y quizas un poco Mexico, pero malta, italia y hausa? que quieres hacerlas inutiles? que nerfearas de italia, sus pavisiers? su basilica? o sus bersaglieris? en cuanto a malta, sus unidades en su mayoria valen 2 pop y los que mĂĄs usan sus ballesteros, que si necesitan una revisiĂłn (por cierto es la rev de piratas berberiscos la que esta un poco rota, y no se jugue contra lakotas al otro dia y le lanze esa revoluciĂłn de PB, pero ellos simplemente ganaron sus tropas sin mejorar eran mejores que las mias) y hausa? en serio colega, en serio? esa facciĂłn se ha comido un monton de nerf los ultimos parches, yo ni juego hausa ni malta, pero cuando me los pillo no se me ha dificultado ganarles, y que conste juego italia pero rev.

but Japan can shipment units 7 times in age 2,so I cannot understand why Japan is afraid of rush.

Cause you normally get at most 3-4 shipments to spend before the rush hits you.
2 of them will be the shrine cost card and 4 villies. So in best case you get to send ashi + yumi but in most cases it is just 1 unit shipment.

It is equivalent to 20 resources more [5+food , 15+gold] Better speed, better HP and better attack. A lot more food? I’ts only 5 more.

No noob argument, you leave Japan do the houses and they surpass your eco easy.

It depends on your strategy, if you see a possible rush don’t do that and send units instead.

In age 1 They are 250 hp each and 8 attack each. A regular explorer is 450hp and 12 attack. The F u talking about, they can take almost any treasure they want in age 1 if used well. Poof thing is just unnecessary and OP for age 1.

But is still an option no other civ has in age 2, totally broken in my opinion.

2 Likes

Is this on the wrong thread?

What a troll post. Japan need Nerf for late game.

1 Like

Japan is weird. It has so many gimmicks that make it a civ that it can be stopped early but a monster if you go too long.

I’ve softened on it a bit after watching the bro’s stats sheets. They are far from a priority as far as op civs.

I would be happy if they would just limit the double hero troll ability to teleport. Someone suggested they could only do it if not in melee mode.

This is a minor change and would be a way to make it possible to slow their stealing of hunts and los advantages. They would be more inclined to stay closer to home if they could actually be killed.

It would make a big difference in my blood pressure.

2 Likes

After that Japan is unstoppable. It is the most feasible way to decimate Japan.

Yes, that someone is me XD.

I don’t dislike Japan’s fundamental mechanics, it is just that they seem too invasive and this gets a nearly unstoppable snowball advantage: with the restriction of hunting to the opponent, with the vision of the map, with the heroes who escape easily, with the cherry cart exploring that on maps where there are cattle it captures the vast majority of animals, since there are practically three explorers, with double shipments and with their economy sheltered from raids.

Although its potential economy is perhaps lower, it takes advantage of other indirect ways that are somewhat annoying. The only answer to this is the rush and that is why the most experienced say that Japan is weak. Of course, Japan is weak for the first 10 minutes.

My suggestions are here. I also liked the suggestion that Japan eat with only one cherry tree, but start with a free cherry tree with each advance in age. Nerf a japon - #55 by UpmostRook9474

Japan is not even that strong mid-late game. Don’t know what you guys are complaining about it.

Also, what would change making the smoke bomb ability unavaible in melee mode? You basically just use melee mode for guardians. Thats got to be one of the most random and unbased suggestions I ever read. xD

Japan is a mid tier civ, the problem with it is the same problem you get with brit manors or swede torps in that you cannot ignore the boom. By playing vs japan you’re forced to deal with shrines and deviate from any other build you’d normally have done.

If they are swinging they are in melee mode whether you put them there officially or not.

The player would have to make the decision to stand or run early. He can’t tie you up and poof away while his counterpart is tying up the map.

You mean don’t let them puff while they are snared them? That would at least be slightly sane, although quite an unnecessary and silly nerf.

Don’t let then puff while they are engaging would also not make sense, unless the guy melees your explorer until his monk HP is low and puffs it. Which is not a common thing to happen, since you need your monks to build shrines and stuff. Can’t really waste their time lowering enemy explorers HP.

If they are running and not actively engaging is super easy to wait for a swing from the enemy and puff after the animation. So that would not be effective as well.

The purpose of this is to give the opposing team a chance to defeat the monk. In this way, Japan will not be able to escape so easily and should be more careful when building shrines and exploring.

Well, not melee mode, but being attacked melee. There is a difference.

I mean, they kind of already have to pay attention to their explorer to not get killed while doing shrines. The vast majority of the shrines are out on age2 where there are already some units out.

Ever played against like Jermans? Jerman guy do like a batch or two of Uhlans + the ones coming from the shipments, keeps circling the hunts and killing your monks. Forcing you to make ashis and running around, and you get either stuck on age2 or go up to 3 with a decent time with like 5-8 shrines.
You can’t just build shrines and not pay attention. A few seconds where you are distracted/busy doing something else, and the monks are dead.

And by the way, that’s why I think those shrine booms are not even that good.
You can do those cav semi-ff-ish type of builds with pretty much any civ in the game. Where you do like 5-8 cavalry units on age2, circle around the hunts containing the shrines and follow up to age3.
Super easy to scout. Pretty much any civ can comfortably execute a counter.

And even if this were not the case. I don’t see how imbossibilitating then from puffing when in melee would change anything.

I see how imbossibilitating them from puffing when there are snared would make puffing ability pretty much useless. But I think is a really dumb nerf.

EDIT: Why the hell the word imbossibilitating (With p, instead of b, on poss) is getting censored?

The Japanese only have 75 Villagers, which makes me feel that their export income rate is too slow in treaty games.

I have suggested introducing a card called “Dejima” in the threads so that the Japanese also have a card similar to Tea Trade and Foreign Trading Companies.
like this,

or like this,

In addition, we can make the “Seven Lucky Gods” card not only allow Shrines to choose to generate XP, but also allow Shrines to choose to generate export starting from the Age IV.

Even, let Asian civs have a better export trickle. The tradeoff is that more deck slots need to be used.

1 Like

Snared then, whatever the point is clear enough to 99% reading this