Known Issue: Translation & Localization (Spanish - Spain Language - Español - Idioma España)

Cut scene of the first mission in the Joan of Arc campaign. I think “andar a caballo” is not the correct way to express when you refer to someone riding an animal, in this case a horse, in Spanish. It’s used “montar a caballo” more often

4 Likes

No quiero ser tiquismiquis, lo de enfrentarse con aplomo que dicen en la intro vale pero ya en la partida lo de “Taimados como ratas” o el “nidal” me choca bastante

Captura%20de%20pantalla%20(10)

Mission 1 - Joan of Arc Campaign

The word “taimados” is not usually used in Spain when you want to refer to a bunch of people, the original word used in the 1999 game was “abundan”. Same thing happens with “nidal”, “nido” is more used

2 Likes

No es ser tiquismiquis, es que se supone que esto es una traduccion para el español de España pero solo se queda en presunta traducción.

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone for their input on this issue. Please read our updated plans regarding Spanish (Spain) VO at the below thread.

Please continue posting localization bugs in this thread. We are logging each post for correction.

1 Like

Thanks for the good news Microsoft!!!

Cheers

Game Version:

• Build (35209)
  • Steam or Microsoft Store

Issue:

The value of technology is missing in Greek Fire of Byzantines.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Check the first crown of the Byzantines (at least in Spanish language has no value text)

1 Like

I think you should report that in the dedicated Spanish language thread.

With the recent february patch some names in the spanish version have changed and they seem like bad google translations of the english version

like “Multiplayer” that should be “multijugador” in spanish now says “Varios jugadores” wich means something like “various players” 11

and some of the names of the units are different now like if they were bad google translations. The steppe lancer, “Lancero estepario” in old spanish version is now named as “Estepa” which basically means Steppe 11 like the map and has the mameluke description 11

The spanish version was really good before idk why now it looks like they just google translated the english one.

1 Like

El conquistador español (Spanish elite unit) now is an elephant xD
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ER37I3ZWoAEZgby?format=png&name=small

2 Likes

Taunt 26 (The wonder…) has the voice in English.

• Build number: 101.101.35584.0 4714640
  • Platform: Steam
1 Like

i started the Le Loi campaign and the text in “exploradores” section belongs to the Berbers campaign 11 Seems like this latest february patch really messed up the spanish texts

1 Like

Leave map (salir del mapa) is in English.

1 Like
  • Build number (35584)
  • Steam

Text error in the second Japanese crown, does not show the text of kataparuto, show Thumb Ring text

2 Likes
  • Build number (35584)
  • Steam

More text errors I found in the Cumans. Surely the other civilizations will also have their text errors. Actually what you see is that they have descriptions of other units, which do not correspond, is all mixed.

It’s just a little of the many text errors I found, there were many.

2 Likes

Game Version:

• Build (latest)
  • Platform (Steam)

Issue:

(Displace wrong info in the game tech tree)

Reproduction Steps:

1. (Go to tech tree)
  2. (read the description in some of the techs or units)

2 Likes
  • Build number (35584)
  • Steam

Britons is shown as Teutons in select civilization.

3 Likes

I’ve also found some swapped audios and Scouts tabs in the Historical Battles scenarios.

Game Version:

• Build 101.101.35584.0 4714640
  • Platform Steam
4 Likes

Game Version:

• Build 101.101.35584.0 4714640
  • Platform Steam

Issue:

The list of languages in the Settings is showing a wrong translation for English language.

It should be read English (Inglés) instead of “Ingleses” that it refers to the plural demonym.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Open the Interface Game Settings
  2. Open the Game Language menu.

aoe2de-language-list-spanish

3 Likes
  • Build number: 101.101.35584.0 4714640
  • Platform: Steam

An accent mark is missing in the Spanish pronoun “tú” (you) in the description of “abandon relic”.

empire1

Trebuchet are mistakenly called “duración del pacto” (duration of the agreement).

2 Likes

In Berbers as the camel archer evolves, the word Elite Camel Archer don’t appear, keep saying Camel Archer.

2 Likes