Known Issue: Translation & Localization (Spanish - Spain Language - Español - Idioma España)

We are aware that there may be issues related to translation or localization of the game. Please consolidate all reports regarding the Spanish - Spain language in this thread. Please include the following information:

• Build number
  • Platform (Steam or Microsoft Store)
  • Location of text (Is it in a game menu, lobby, etc? Is it in a campaign, if so, which mission and what triggers the text?)
  • A screenshot of the issue
  • Description of what was mistranslated and a suggestion for replacement.

Please be aware that Developers and AOE Staff commenting on this thread may not know the language, and are utilizing translation software to understand what is being reported, so that it can be properly documented and passed to the Localization team.
:heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign:

Somos conscientes de que puede haber problemas relacionados con la traducción o localización del juego. Consolide todos los informes sobre el idioma español - España en este hilo. Por favor, incluya la siguiente información:

• Número de compilación
  • Plataforma (Steam o Microsoft Store)
  • Ubicación del texto (¿Está en el menú del juego, en el lobby, etc.? ¿En una campaña, en caso afirmativo, qué misión y qué activa el texto?)
  • Una captura de pantalla del problema.
  • Descripción de lo que se tradujo incorrectamente y una sugerencia de reemplazo.

Tenga en cuenta que los desarrolladores y el personal de AOE que comenten este hilo pueden no conocer el idioma y están utilizando un software de traducción para comprender lo que se informa, de modo que pueda documentarse adecuadamente y pasarse al equipo de localización.

5 Likes

Back in summer the game was announced to be released full in Spanish - Spain, then on September it wasn’t available in Spanish - Spain and a couple of weeks ago it was only with text and interface in Spanish - Spain but the voices are from Spanish - Latinamerica. The Spanish community want the original voices back because they were in Spanish - Spain or you can do new ones but with Spanish from Spain voices just like it was announced

6 Likes

Yes, as @Granota92 says, when you announced the game, you promised to be completely in Spanish from Spain (“full audio” on Steam page). Suddenly you removed all references and two weeks before the game was released, you added the Spanish - Spain texts, but with the voices of the Latin American version.

I love this game. Finally I bought it on Steam because I have been playing the original Age of Empires II since 1999 and HD version since 2013. But it’s a complete disappointment that the game doesn’t have Spanish - Spain voices because it’s not well enjoyed.

But, above all, it’s a disappointment that you have done all this without giving an explanation to the Spanish players.

6 Likes

I suggest you to take a look on here:

And… Here too:

Both topics are related on some way, but the point of view is really different.

The first one is my topic. I talk about the capacity of the new narrator and the old narrator, the reasons why I give that opinion (I found that these patterns are also in other languages too) and why I consider that we should be able to use a “classic voices” option.
(I begin to think that the new spanish narrator should be able to re-do his work: this time interpreting what he say, letting us choose between two quality storytellers.)

The second topic seems to be, generally, a topic where people from Spain are dissapointed to don’t be able to use their own language as they used to (which is highly understandable and logic) and where they demand to recover that feature.
(I fully support them, even when I’m a “latin american” spanish speaker.)

P.S.: I feel that our community (spanish speakers) is a really loyal community on this game (and in a lot of other games too) and sometimes we get ignored because the main focus is the english language. We can understand that in a globalized world where english is the main language, but our loyalty should be valuated… And I hope you can show us that you valuate us.

That’s all, have a end of the year and please: Make us happy.
Thank you.

4 Likes

The truth is that the original dubbing of Age of empires II is greatly missed. It’s a shame, since graphically the version of Age of Empires II DE, I love it. I think it would cost you very little to have the community of Spain and Latin America happy.

Cheers

2 Likes

Y posted my own thread, but they errased it

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/voices-in-spanish-from-spain-still-missing/60362/4

2 Likes

If the original AoE 2 has spanish of Spain dubb, the remastered should have too.

2 Likes

I think they deleted because it was hosted in the beta section, they also deleted a post that I created back then when the beta was still on

2 Likes

The spanish community deserve a Spanish - Spain translation of the narrative on the campaigns. We all remeber how great they were on the original game. Now they do not have same imapct.

3 Likes

I really want to buy the game, it´s gorgeous, but just when the spanish (from Spain) dubbing is available, because we are paying the same price as other users for the game and we are one of the few countries that haven´t an own dubbing, even when in the old versions, it was available.

It seems like a rejection to all spanish people. I hope I´m wrong and this can be resolved in good terms for all parts.

2 Likes

In the cutscene of the ending of scenario 6 in the William Wallace campaign it says Falkrik, the correct name is Falkirk. The text and the narrator are wrong.

1 Like

Es lo que tiene cuando haces una localización de bajo presupuesto…

1 Like

I think the translation of Woad Raider to Spanish is not the most suitable. You translated it to “Incursor Azul” that means “Blue Raider”. You could let the original one (Incursor de pastos) which was more correct or maybe put only Incursor (Raider) or Incursor celta (Celtic Incursor)

1 Like

Deberías parar con el asunto del bajo presupuesto y con el desprecio contra los doblajes latinoamericanos.
Este doblaje es malo, lo es, pero no porque sea latinoamericano o de bajo presupuesto o gratuito.
Le pagaron, del mismo modo que al narrador original, por hacer el trabajo.
Si pararas con tu orgullo nacionalista verías que el modo de narrar en un único tono, casi sin expresiones, se reitera en los nuevos doblajes de otros idiomas (ejemplos que conozco: en inglés, en francés, en alemán). No fue una decisión del locutor, y mucho menos por un desgano generado por un “bajo presupuesto” o por su “localización”, fue una decisión y una línea bajada desde la propia empresa.
Todos queremos un doblaje digno, algunos queremos dos doblajes dignos.
Si continuás con ese tipo de comentarios vas a provocar una división en el momento que deberías/deberíamos buscar unión.

1 Like

2 Likes

Es que me parece que la traducción de este juego es de bajo presupuesto. Pero no por ser latina. La traducción y doblaje en todos los idiomas. No hay más que cambiar el idioma del juego para comprobarlo o darse una vuelta por estos foros para ver qué otros piensan que son bastante malos.

Qué manía con poner en mi boca cosas que yo no he dicho. He dicho que es una localización de bajo presupuesto, sí. Pero en ningún momento he dicho que sea por ser hecha en Latinoamérica. En los foros de Steam he criticado el doblaje de bajo presupuesto del videojuego Control y es español. ¿Qué tendrá que ver dónde se haga para que sea de bajo presupuesto? Las voces de todos los secundarios de Rise of Tomb Raider en la versión española son latinoamericanas y están bien hechas y son expresivas. ¿Qué tendrá que ver dónde se haga? O Coco, que en España se distribuyó con el doblaje original y es maravilloso. Repito por tercera vez, ¿qué tendrá que ver dónde se haga? Yo no lo he dicho porque lo hayan hecho en Latinoamérica.

Saludos.

3 Likes

¿Qué campaña y misión es? Yo por ahora solo llevo jugadas William Wallace y voy a mitad con Juana de Arco. Salvo los errores comentados por el compañero @Granota92 en la de William Wallace, no he visto ahora mismo más fallos.

1 Like

Es la mision de Dos Pilas. De batallas historicas.

1 Like