[Minor Natives topic] Post here your ideas for every single minor natives so the devs can look at

Reworked civs reloaded!
I can’t edit previous post without a moderator so I’m posting some stuff I had improved but didn’t get the opportunity to show as well as new techs for native I had made:

SUFI
Reworked techs

• Sharia (100f,100c): Villager train limit +10%
    New effects: Also makes their kill XP= 1 XP & their build XP=15XP.
    Why: On paper it’s a cheap and good tech. In practice it’s an extremely circumstantial tech, being very good only for the Dutch. The impact of this new effect is small but give us a little more effect to justify the use.

New techs

• Tariqa (250f, 250c) Practice tariqa, one of the four stages of Sufism to welcome the dawn of a new age to your town.
    New effect: All land military units +5% damage. Your next military shipment arrives very fast.
    Why: The effect I had created was very confusing so I simplified it because Sufi lacks military improvements.
    "A tariqa is a school or order of Sufism, or specifically a concept for the mystical teaching and spiritual practices of such an order with the aim of seeking which translates as “ultimate truth”. Tariqa - Wikipedia

• Clash of Elephants (300w, 300c): The Sufi takes in a trio of triple threat to your cause.
    New effect: Delivers 3 War Elephants. This tech has a research time of 90s.
    Why: Sufi was lacking a military tech: This tech makes having War Elephants (600f, 240w) considerably cheaper (300c, 300w), however, it takes quite a few time to be ready, so it’s a interesting trade.
    " Parade of elephants, Herd of elephants or Clash of elephants are all terms used to describe a group of elephants”. Collective noun elephants

JESUITS
New techs

• Catechism (150w,150c): Jesuits teach the recipients of the catechetical work, by recovering the health of your people and allying with natives.
    New effect:​ Healers (Priests, Medicine man, Surgeon…) heal units 20% faster including those who are not idle - Padres heal 10% faster instead. You can train Conquistador at any Native Settlement as long as you keep this alliance.
    Why:​ Another cheap tech that may benefit at long run. I stacked two effects so any of those ones alone would be just too weak.

The Spanish Conquistadors were not impressed with the royal declarations concerning evangelization, but most of their expeditions were accompanied by devout priests and religious who took such counsel to heart. Catechism - encyclopedia; The Church and the Native Americans- Article

• Antique Armory (300w, 300c): Spare armors are temporarily available to your soldiers.
    New effect:​ Increases the ranged/melee armor of your land gunpowder units and heavy infantry by 5% for 300s (except siege units). Increases the HP of all your gunpowder units by 5%.
    Why:​ I borrowed this concept from Age of Empires 2 (Spain). The name was update to “Antique Armory” from “Former Armory”. Instead of buffing gunpowder units, this technology (or even Hidalgos) could give Conquistador a “special musket attack”.

KLAMATH
Reworked techs

• Klamath Work Ethos (175f, 175w, 175c): Villagers gather resources +5% faster.
    Rework: Settlers gather resources 10% faster.
    Why: I used Imperial Bureaucracy as benchmark to rework it. The original effect pays off after several minutes and even so it might not pay off at all.
    Analysis with:
    I.e: With this tech: 40 vills on a single resource is worth 42 vills. But by using 100f alone, you’d get 41vills.
    Without it :100f= 1 settler and 100c +100w are worth more than 200f (200f= 2 settlers) in villager-sec. Using these resources instead of using Ethos would lead you to more than 43 settlers already! This tech simply does not pay off as it should!

New techs

• Klamath Trade (200f, 200c): improves market buy rate by 30%. Your next light infantry upgrade is much cheaper (-50% cost).

• Klamath Counter Strategy (250f, 250c): At war, Klamath’s tactics shines once more to fight on.
    New effect: Rifle Infantry +15% siege resistance. Artillery + 15% ranged damage
    Why: Klamath lacks a military technology specific techs for skirmishes are rare too

ZAPOTEC
New tech

Zapotec Ancestry Honor (300w, 300c): The Zapotec afterlife cults present in their culture, praise the heritage .
Effect: Delivers 1 settler and 100 coin for every two settlers you’ve lost so far (max of 10).
Why: I’m saving the former effect to Zen.

3 Likes