[Minor Natives topic] Post here your ideas for every single minor natives so the devs can look at

I know that, and like I said it’s not a big deal, but they’re willing to reuse the minor Inca and rename them, why not the same with the others?

… because they already did. The old Iroquois minor tribe had mantlets and a shipment for 1 mantlet for every 2 minutes elapsed. The Huron that replaced them have the exact same thing with a different name.

1 Like

I’m aware they aware but I don’t know whether they have plans for it and by the pace of balance patch…I’m hopeful but not as much as before. :pensive: :pensive: :pensive:

Klamath for instance: they reduced the cost of elite and champion upgrades, but Klamath Riflemen’s tech of 25% attack bonus remained the same and restricted to the third age. So in Fortress age you have two techs:

• The Elite Upgrade that boost Klamath Riflemen’s HP and Attack by 25% ( 100w, 75c, it used to cost 200w, 150c)
  • And you have Klamath’s attack tech that boosts only their Attack by 25% (but it still cost 200w, 150c)

So, would you choose the Elite Upgrade or the one that is twice the price and half the benefits? It’s clearly something that was overlooked…
There are lots of things that need balance from core and there’ve been no moves so far in nearly 1 year.
:disappointed:

2 Likes

Cool ideas! I specially like the tech that helps Conquistador themselves and it’s very well justified.

I’m just worried that not all civs would benefit from this one since not all have access to aresenal techs.

1 Like

This is somewhat more ambitious. It’s probably the middle or end of next year at least.

It took me long enough to reply to your post because it was looonngg. But here we go:

The Elite, Champion, and Legendary upgrades should increase the build limit of native warriors.

I agree with that. Another option would be creating a cheap and exclusive technology in TPs for that. Another good alternative is keeping these increments scaling with the original base limit instead of the final build limit.

Another concern is the build limit doubles with every tp, so things could quickly get out of hand if one player has full map control.

Only a few maps have two or more of the same settlement available per player- but they could break the balance and turn cards and techs irrelevant.

The easiest way to sort this out is taking back the feature of “increasing build limit by 100% for each settlement” and replace it by "+20/25/or 50% of the base limit or final limit to.

My last concern is from a design perspective. I think natives have always been intended as an auxiliary unit type; they shore up your main army by filling in holes in your composition
If we think about it there are a few cards and techs that would be rendered useless because of it.

Exactly. We should keep the train limit at bay. Going with your suggestion + mine, let’s use the worst of the cases:

• If you had three Comanche settlements in your control and dupe settlements gave +50% of base limit, you’d have at best 20 max population (10 +5+5) instead of 30.
  • With new techs scaling by the base limit you’d have +25% of 10 Comanche in Fortress, +25% of 10 in Industrial and +25% of 10 in Imperial. So it would be: +2,5 units; +2,5 units; +2,5 units for a total of +7,5 units. That would lead to 38 instead of 100 units.

This is another change I doubt the devs would pick up, and while the full ramifications would have to be tested I do like the simplicity of the buff.

Trust me. This is probably the best topic in terms of constructive posts and reasonable suggestions in the front page. We have people here with knowledge and eager to discuss it. I think they are fine and can always reach us out to talk about it.

3 Likes

Tupí-Guaraní

History

The linguistic trunk shared by the many tribes gives a pivot to employ a umbrella semi-civ. So instead of a single tribe name, we can add the other tavas (villages) covering a broader area of southamerica, and therefore added to more maps
Amazonia, Pampas sierras and Gran Chaco

In the context of the distribution area, we have;

Pacific side Chiriguaná

Fought and allied the Incas
Got firearms from the spanish settlers (around 1560), trade metal
Loan words from quechua are used today in the guaraní lexicon from that period; chicha, chakra, mate, kancha, tambo, poncho etc, and in spanish; pucho, morocho, huacho, gaucho, choclo etc

Inland Guaraní

Fought and allied the Spanish
Eventually employ spanish tercio tactics under the direction of the Jesuits (1640), the use of yerba-mate (ka’a) was popularice from that point

Atlantic side Tupinambá

Great confederation of tribes (Tamoios) got firearms from their french settlers allies (1560) to fought the Portuguese

Shared features

Cultural

Anthropophagic rituals
Alliances by marriage
Pajé (Shaman) thad leads migrations
Chicha made from corn or anana
Constant inter tribal war

War

Longbows; all of them
Poison arrows; Chiriguaná and Tupinambá
Takape (sharp edge wooden mace); all of them
Stone axe; all of them
Boleadora; Guaraní and Chiriguaná

Units
Age I

Blackwood archer 50 :poultry_leg: 50 :palm_tree:(max 12); Archer, good against heavy infantry, bad against cavalry, use takape for melee (the same as original up to here) can hunt and gains poison damage upon technology research

Age II

Hunter with boleadora 60 :poultry_leg: 30 :yellow_circle: (max 10); ranged infantry can hunt, good at range against cavalry (slow down when hit), good melee (stone axe) against heavy infantry (same model as Inca but without the shield)

Pajé (Shaman) 60 :poultry_leg: 60 :palm_tree: (max 1 non hero); monk/iman, heal nearby units, has aura to increase infantry movement speed by 1 (does not stack), can “revive” fallen heroes at 10% their health

Age III

Ava (person) Warrior 90 :poultry_leg: 30 :yellow_circle: (max 10); heavy infantry, shoots musket, sabre for melee, almost strong as janizary, when trained, each subsequent unit is 10 resourses cheaper

Technologies
Age I

Ruvicha 200 :poultry_leg:
Delivers 1 hero (can have as many as the available TP’s), Shoots musket, takape for melee, have warchief aura that increases infantry attack damage by 10%(does not stack), has the 90s cooldown ability “Fearsome ritual” to insta melee kill a single unit (including enemy hero)

Poison arrows :bow_and_arrow: 150 :palm_tree: 150 :yellow_circle:
Gives Blackwood archers posion damage (3 damage for 5 seconds)

Age II

Ka’a (yerba mate) plantation 200 :palm_tree:; delivers a Yerba-mate grove, task settlers to gather endless coin from it (faster than mills, slower than mines)

Lingua franca of the south :handshake: 150 :yellow_circle: ; reveals the location of enemy buildings (300 seconds cooldown)

Age III

Marriage alliances 500 :palm_tree:; reduce the cost of settlers 20 %

With this changes it gives you early advantage(I), intel(II), economic push(II) and a good number of decent units (III)

6 Likes

Very detailed everything. Excellent! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I like to come up with ideas, but I don’t know much about history. :disappointed:

1 Like

eu adorei essas sugestões

1 Like

Well. The Cheyenne idea is not entirely mine. I only proposed gunpowder cavalry because it is a unit that many civilizations lack. So I consider it good for civilizations that cannot create dragons or any similar chivalry.

The civilizations that manage to have dragons + skirmishers I consider to be stronger than others that lack these and that is why I like that the natives fill the gap of those that lack this combination.

Personally, I think it is one of the types of unit that most encourages the use of natives.

I think a cooler design would be to implement a new type of unit for the Cheyenne, also based off their warrior societies. As mentioned before, they had societies like the Shield Warriors, the Elk Soldiers, and the Bowstring Warriors. Any would make an interesting unit.
Shield Warrior: Imagine a mounted mantlet-type unit with a short ranged attack, with high health. Heavy Cavalry/Siege Trooper.
Elk Soldier: Honestly could be anything, but I’d imagine just a really good cavalry unit.
Bowstring Soldier: More plains archer cavalry units is never a bad thing. If anyone should get a drag-type unit, I think it should be the Comanche. Buff the Comanche Horse Archer and then give them a secondary unit that uses a rifle, similar to the Apache Cavalry. Would be interesting to have them be capable of giving both.

5 Likes

KLAMATH

CURRENT TECHS:

• Klamath Work Ethos (100f, 100w, 100c): Villagers gather resources +5% faster.
    Rework: “Settlers work slightly faster”= Villagers gather resources and move 5% faster.
    Why: This tech pays off after several minutes and even so it might not pay off at all.
    Analysis:
    I.e: 40 vills on a single resource is worth 42 vills with this tech, but even so, with 100f alone, you’d get 41vills.
    100c+100w are worth more than 200f (200f= 2 settlers) in villager-sec. That would lead you already to more than 43 settlers! This tech simply does not pay off as it should!

• Klamath Huckleberry Feast (150w, 150c): Ships 100 food for every 3 minutes the game has passed, up to 30 minutes
    Rework: Cost increased to 175w,175c./ Ships 150f instead of 100f OR ships 100f for every 2 minutes instead of 3 minutes.
    Why: Honestly: it’s a good and cheap tech. But it pays off sooooooo late! =\
    At best, after half an hour you get only 1000f. Mid-game of 12 min= only 400f. Increasing the base food crate by 50f helps the mid game a bit.

• Klamath Strategy (200w, 150c): Klamath Riflemen get +25% attack
    Rework: Cost reduced to 150w, 100c, moved to Commerce Age. New Effect: Klamath Rifleman get +30% ranged damage.
    Why: On top of being more expensive than their Elite upgrade, this tech is unavailable on age2 and doesn’t increase HP (elite techs ramp up attack & HP).This tweak makes it more attractive to be used during long matches in commerce age while the price is almost the same as the Elite Upgrade.

NEW TECH

• Klamath Trade Culture (200f, 150c): improves market buy rate by 20%
    Why: Differently of many tribes, Klamath praised individual hard work and their results: Wealth was something acknowledge as reward from individual prowess (the technology Klamath Work Ethos derives from it). Nowadays they’re one of the wealthiest tribes in USA. This technology complements the focus on (developing) a better economy given by this minor civ.
  • Check in ECONOMY AND SOCIOPOLITICAL CULTURE:
    Klamath | Encyclopedia.com *
9 Likes

Will you include another upgrade to complete the ‘5 upgrade’ pack or is that okay?

It would be good another improvement that increases its limit, because in general the maps where this tribe is there are very few Klamath towns. (Maybe 20(?))

I would also like someone to tell better ideas about the Navajo. Since I didn’t find much, was very unoriginal.

1 Like

Well, I personally don’t think all of them need five techs to be good or more than one unit just because the tribes had more than one weapon or unit in their wars (unless it’s something really remarkable) :upside_down_face:

But I love reading, thinking and discussing everyone’s ideas, so I like the posts. :yum: :yum:

I would also like someone to tell better ideas about the Navajo. Since I didn’t find much, was very unoriginal.

I’m gonna read about Navajo to think about it. I do remember USA used their language in WW2 because it was extremely complex and unknown (it barely had written books or registry)!

2 Likes

Yes, it is what I found the most. Besides, I already knew something about it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Many tribes gave their languages and people to the US to use as Code Talkers during WW’s I and II. The Diné were simply the most celebrated. Probably because they’re the largest tribe in the nation, but I know my own tribe had Code Talkers as well. Wolf Guts, the last Lakota Code Talker, died in 2010. I remember hearing him talk.

It’s not really worth giving it to a single specific tribe as some sort of tech - too many various Native nations assisted, and singling out any of them for the tech would be insensitive to the people the other nations lost to the war.

Agreed, though Comanche should get Rifle Rider like cavalry for a different purpose than Apache.

Would be great to see these 2 tribes focusing on different styles - Cheyenne on melee, Comanche on ranged for both of their units. Comanches were much more skilled on horseback than Apaches and traded horses for guns, so makes sense they field a decent rifle rider style cavalry along their HA.

5 Likes

If I ever get inspiration to brainstorm something about Navajo’s language it will be because it is remarkable and/or curious. I have no intentions to link anything to WW2, specially because the game is way before that period :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. And obviously with the greatest praise and respect as usual!

1 Like

Well. As I cannot edit my older proposals, I must make an addition.

mayan

Changes this proposal:

Limestone mines: Defensive buildings are cheaper and are built a little faster

Comanche

I had proposed a foot archer so as not to be repetitive with respect to the cheyenne, but someone gave me better ideas.

3 Likes

I hope they add minor natives for every continent, not just for the Americas. They could add a bunch of minor natives for Asia-themed maps for instance, instead of just religious groups like Shaolin, Zen, Sufi, Jesuits, etc.

2 Likes