My proposed balance changes (for whenever we get a patch)

Very good post, overall I agree with the vast majority of suggestions. Let me share my opinions on each suggestion:

I’ve made a detailed post regarding steppe lancers (since then there have not been any balance changes): Balance discussion on the steppe lancer. For anyone who only wants my suggested balance changes: -Cost decreased from 70 food 45 gold to 65 food 40 gold
-Rate of fire decreased from 2.3 to 2.0
-Speed increased from 1.45 to 1.50
-Elite Upgrade cost changed from 900 food 550 gold to 500 food 650 gold
If you want to argue against this please read my post linked above first

Notice that the unit with the most problems are the longswords and maybe two-handed swordsmen for civs who don’t have access to champions, because champions are overall fine (though some smaller buffs wouldn’t hurt the general balance for sure). For this reason I think the speed increase to 1.0 is just a way too big buff. Read my detailed opinions about longswordsmen here: Buffing long swordsman and their upgrades. Btw in that linked post I forgot to mention a very important thing → long swordsmen can force to take fights because they are strong versus buildings. In other words you must engage versus them with knights if you don’t want your base to get destroyed, and a long sowrdsmen player can easily mix in some spears to make that a very cost effective fight (since got barracks and right blacksmith upgrades). Therefore longswordsmen can be a very strong option against civs with bad archers with my buffs. (aka: Long swordsman, two-handed swordsman, champions gain +1 attack
-Long swordsman, two-handed swordsman, champions gain -1 attack against eagles
-Long swordsman, two-handed swordsman, champion gain 0.05 speed boost (from 0.9 to 0.95))

This one or something similar is heavily needed imo, the other two options are: chivalry nerf or cheap castle bonus nerf. Currently chivalry castle age is way too strong.

Well anyone who has read some of my previous comments here and there should know that I’m against chinese nerfs. But I don’t mind if we try something like this, at most we revert it. I’m only heavily against if it is a bigger nerf.

I agree that magyars need a small eco bonus but nothing too big, this might do it tbh

Can you please explain why this is needed? I’ll support this if you can convince me. Currently I don’t understand.

Portuguese are in a very good spot right now balance wise imo. Handcanoneers need some buff though. I like the feitoria how it is currently tbh, I feel this is completely unnecessary.

Too op for kipchaks, though I agree cumans should get a buff. I’d personally decrease 2nd TC building time by 10-20 seconds.