New civs? What would you like to see next

If they are going to portray civlications that historically have no heavy units, they should compensate them with hp, currently Sofa" is very weak and should have at least an even fight with heavy cavalry on equal resources, which is why Mali is bad late game In general, these civilizations must provide them with HP bonuses in their respective production buildings

I dont see why its an issue theres “already 4 European civs” they are all completely different to one another and the Byzantines again would look very different to them. Maybe instead of trying to force representation from modern continents the focus should be on what empires/civilizations had the most impact/stood out the most in the Medieval era.

2 Likes

When it comes to the majapahit empire, they would have heavy units, but their greatest strenght is imperial range battles or navy in all ages.

The Aztec would lack heavies, but their warriors could make up for it in speed and gain toughness from extra HP / Life leech abilities.

AOE4 has shown their flexibility in what kind of features can be added to a unit.

Aztec should somewhat play similar to a Dheli army, that is heavy on priest usage, and extra HP chonky units would help the priests in healing them.

Core issue with aztecs would be lack of anti-armor units, but I guess Atlatl could step in for that role.

講求遊戲平衡和玩法多樣性的取捨上,製作組不可能完全倒向某個文明。考慮遊戲裡文明差異的設定主旨,鄂圖曼沒有弓騎兵。但就因為這樣,粉絲瘋狂洗板,引發眾怒。
那些希望日本有武士、忍者、鐵砲隊等,樣樣都是特殊單位,樣樣都比別人強的粉絲可以洗洗睡了。不只是遊戲的設計問題,真實歷史也不存在。
我反而期待瑪雅或阿茲特克。他們就像是馬利一樣,沒有瘋狂粉絲。設計的自由空間大,不會因為不合粉絲期望而遭受抨擊。甚至可以說除了單位強弱設定沒什麼討論熱度。

Apparently the last Mayan cities was Nojpeten and fell in 1697. So they were still there. But i would be fine with any native american civ, could be Aztec or Inca if they are more fitting for the time.

Sure, or if it’s not Spain, Castille…

They could be a mix of AoE 2’s Malays (Karambit warrior and arrow-firing docks) and AoE 3’s Indonesian revolution (Javanese spearmen and cetbang cannon)…

They would be like those of AoE 2, although the units could create bonji traps

They could be like those of AoE 3, but without a community plaza (or yes)…

They could be like the ones from AoE 2 with feitorias and everything…

They could be like the ones in AoE 3 but without the automatic mines (they gave it to the malians)…

Ras portrait aoe3de.png Ras: Royal Ethiopian hero with a fealty aura. Explores, fights, builds Palaces, Mountain Monasteries, and Trading Posts. Good against infantry. (Ethiophian Unique King unit,like the English King unit)

African villager aoe3de.png Villager: Villager that constructs buildings and gathers resources. (The typical villager like the ones of the Malians)

Abun portrait aoe3de.png Abun: Heals injured units from range and during battle. May be tasked to gather at a Mountain Monastery. (Unique Ethiophian Monk unit like the HRE Prelate)

Gascenya portrait aoe3de.png Gascenya: Heavy ranged infantry. Good against cavalry in melee. (Unique Ethiophian Javaliner like the Malian Donso)

Shotel warrior aoe3de.png Shotel Warrior: Fast moving shock infantry that attacks quickly with two curved swords. Good against light infantry. (Shock fast melee infantry like the Malian Musofadi Warrior)

Oromo warrior portrait aoe3de.png Oromo Warrior: Powerful heavy hand cavalry with strong ranged and melee attacks. Attacks faster when closer to the enemy. Good against light infantry. (Heavy melee cavalry like the Malian Sofa)

Yeah, but maybe they saved it for later and put the Rus in instead…

Yes, I know…that’s why I mentioned that this would already be the post-classic Mayan period… the most likely thing is that they’ll go for the Aztecs and Incas and that’s it… don’t include more mesocivs…

Whatever civ they choose I just hope we got it sooner

Yeah 2 civs a year is a bit on the slow side ngl

1 Like

Don’t worry, it’s normal in the saga… a dlc with 2 civs for each game… that’s where the devs take over and make a dlc of 3 civs as DoI or put 4 civs in as in the first year of 3 DE…

1 Like

Please ad Vikings or another northern european civilization. We have enough east and south civilizations!
An North or south amerikan civilization would be great too. I strongly disagree with byzantine. We already have ottomans who cover that region. Scott would be also.a noce addition.

The Ottomaans are completely different to the Byzantines wth, thats like saying we dont need Rus or China cause the Mongols conquered them.

8 Likes

And? They’re not the same.

7 Likes

Byzantine Empire, Japanese, Spain, Aztecs…

5 Likes

No new civs for now please. The focus should be on improving the core game, nailing the still-missing details, scale, animation problems, UI readability, increased gaia variety, long-standing bug fixing, etc.

1 Like

Most of the players in the ladder are casual, the delay in the patches must be due to the fact that they work, at the same time, in two civilizations per year and maybe in another campaign

I bet it will be a highly demanded civilization with another unexpected one and so on every year

1 Like

Yes, Danes… and Byzantines we do need, since they fought against the Ottomans, at least for the Ottoman campaign…

Yes, at least those 4… and Japan and Aztecs cannot be missing in an AoE…

Don’t worry, if they’re going to release civs it won’t be before the second anniversary of the game in October…

Of course, that would be the idea…just one campaign would leave me a little cold…two would be good, 3 would be excellent and 4 would already be wonderful…

Japanese, Vikings, Poles, and Byzantines can all be added one day. As for Teutons, it’s already present as the Holy Roman Empire.

3 Likes

Check out my Castilians Civ Concept page.

1 Like

Definitely no!!! Teutonic Order never been a part of Holy Roman Empire!

2 Likes

The Teutonic Order was the military arm of the HRE…

1 Like