ROMAE AD BELLUM - (RAW:E) Rome at War Expansion Concept

there are many civs i cant play, but maybe in a further update?

1 Like

Yes, many civs are not implemented or implemented fully. We are working in two week sprints to finish implementing them as DAT, String, and Graphics are completed.

Britons, Romans, are complete with latest balance changes. However we are still working out bugs, completing graphic on UU and finalizing the new wonder for Britons.

Gauls, Goths, Egyptians, Parthians, and Greeks are also released in Beta but are in the process of getting reworked/rebalanced per latest published Civ design from TheConqueror753.

Current Sprint: 1st June EST to 14th June EST

Objectives:

• Resolve all the known bugs
  • Fix the tech trees
  • Complete all the planned but unfinished wonders
  • Complete the Ave Caesar maps for levels 4-6
  • Rework Gauls, Goths and Huns as required
  • Add Carthaginians, Persians, and a reworked Parthians
  • Finish the Roman house models, and begin the Peltast work
  • Finish icons for numerous new civs

Looking good, although I think we need the Ruins for the Sacred Sites definitely, they fit better.

1 Like

please have a destruction animation for that stonehenge!

AOE1’s relic stonehenge doesnt have it and it was really disappointing.

2 Likes

Abejin only does unanimated versions unfortunately, so it will lack a destruction animation, at least for a while. We could get one over time, but it’s more important to focus resources and time elsewhere for now.

yes, but since he rendered the graphic he would have the 3D model or files. if he is willing to pass on that file to rjgt3838, then he could pass that onto sapsa (however you sell his name) from cgtrader.

perhaps sapsa can make use of it.

also imo, since its stones, destruction of it should be very simple of them falling over instead of stones breaking, it would be much easier to do than a house destruction animation that was done earlier, for example.

1 Like

Sapsan could, but we need him to focus onto the units instead, or we can’t add new civs, which is more of a priority, trying to build up the civ base as fast as possible. Right now he’s already busy working on the Ambaxtoi so we can get Britons with an actual UU. I do agree that animating it might not be that hard, but it still takes time, and personally, I’d rather start getting new units and civs off the production line than fine tuning wonders, which are rarely used for pretty much every actual game.

2 Likes

@thieftdp8498 I hope to create destruction animations for every custom building we introduce in the mod. It will just take time to complete and work through them all.

Priority as TheConqueror753 points out is to stand up these civs with unique tech/civ bonuses and custom UU. These will be at the forefront of player experiences as they play the civ so it’s important to get the necessary assets live.

However, I want to make all these civs feel whole and polished long term. Custom UI, Wonders/Forts, Theme, History, Audio sounds, etc. We will prioritize based on popularity of civ and feedback, but that’our vision. Timelines can be accelerated based on level of support from community, either lending us their talents or supporting us through Patreon so we can commission the work.

3 Likes

I’m working on some parts of the UI, and I am definitely considering writing the history stuff.

1 Like

Will there be a version for those who plays without the enhanced graphics pack?

We would like to make one, but as @rjgt3838 has mentioned before, we need someone able to change the smx files and stuff to be compatible with non UHD. I would personally like it as well, I don’t like how UHD reduces the max zoom, which by extension literally impacts strategic decision making due to having a lower field of view.

2 Likes

War at Sea!

Screenshot showcases a new ship design inspired by quinquereme modeled and rendered by AbeJin. Thank you AbeJin for another beautiful render to be used in our Mod.

@TheConqueror753 we need to determine where and how this ship fits in. Perhaps it could be an Elite Juggernaut or maybe a UU?? I am excited to see what you come up with for stats and abilities :stuck_out_tongue:

Concept Ship:

6 Likes

It needs to be a replacement for the Thirisadai, but I need to work out how it fits in. For now, we can literally just grab the Thirisadai stats.

1 Like

Update Full Version of Mod is now Live RAW Release 6.15.2022 (LATEST FULL VERSION)

This version caps off our most recent two-week development sprint. We are adding a lot here and we hope you enjoy it! Still a lot more to come, but some highlights below:

• Completed the civ icons for every civ we currently plan to add
  • Successfully added Carthaginians and Persians, and reworked Parthians.
  • Implemented new Roman house for both ages, along with several other new models and buildings
  • Improved all the regional units for each civ. Now we no longer have units being used multiple times or sharing graphics with unique units. We are still working on a few of these, but they are mostly complete
  • Reworked the string file entirely, it now includes every planned civ.
  • We’ve also started working on rewriting the history sections. Expect a full release soon.

Many thanks to the hard work of a growing Mod Team.

TheConqueror753 who has been instrumental with bug reporting and balancing. He also did a complete overhaul of the string file, and is behind many of the new UI features (Civ Icons, History Background etc.)

AbeJin who provided us with all new Wonders showcased below included a scenario editor building, and a New Custom Ship. These 3D renders are absolutely beautiful and really add richness to the mod. Not all of his work made it into this release but expect them soon, including destruction animations for Britons Wonder and New Ship.

Sapsan who made beautiful Roman Houses for Age 2 and 3 complete with destruction animations that match style of game. Impressive work here! Sapsan has been with the mod since it’s early days and is responsible for all custom units to date. He is currently working on custom unit for Britons.

What is an update without some screenshots for Eye Candy?

Gaul - Sanctuary of Corent

Parthians - Temple of Hatra

Macedonians - Lighthouse of Alexandria

Romans - Hippodrome and Basilica Aemilia

Britons - Stonehenge

Civ Icons for all Planned Civs

7 Likes

Beautiful as usual! Will you be updating the hunting dog sprite in the game?

1 Like

Yes. I will get it in next two week sprint! Sorry been busy with all the rest.

1 Like

currently the dog/wolf in game lacks player pallet color. perhaps sapsan or abejin can add some sort of new area to the existing wolf as another unit that holds pallet color to differentiate between players.

also looking at all the civ icons (nice work btw). do u guys plan to keep goth and celts? they are really really old civs would fit AOE1 period wouldn’t they?

Thanks, I’m glad you like them.

Yes, they’re being kept. Celts aren’t quite the same, the current Celts have been renamed to Gauls and reworked slightly, but we now have numerous Celtic based civs, such as Britons and Iberians on the list to add.

1 Like

Can you make a video explaining how to install the mod?

Which is your discord channel?