Some DLC concepts with the same pattern as LotW and DotD

It’s always the same thing with this user. He hates anything non-European as much as he hates reading about history, and will call any nation he’s not familiar with a “tribe”.

4 Likes

i just call primtive undeveloped tcivs tribes. not indias. but theres enough elepants civs & cant make new idea w/o copy other euro civ units

3 Likes

i don’t think leitis archers are a good idea.

1 Like

The whole game is based around the same european unit lines how can you make any civi different then? By your idea only meso civs differ as they dont have a stable and one unit line needs to cover for all of them.

1 Like

What you just said is completely incoherent

1 Like

you have to copy euro units?

how about these few ideas for uus:
Chariot (Tamils): cav archer that turns into normal cav when dead
Urumi (Tamils): decent health, massive attack, little armor, fast, and good against infantry
Valla (Deccani): halberdierskarl, would be bad against infantry by being in the eagle warrior class
Ramdao (Bengal): Infantry coustillier, don’t tell me the coustillier should be the only one with the charge ability
Ngao (Siamese): huskarl light cav thats really fast with high attack but low health, a good sniping unit
Pata: a trash unit that can be trained at TCs really fast like shotels, has some anti-cav damage and is a bit squishy
Elite Halb (Oriya): upgrade of halberdier
Flail Elephant (Oriya): elephant with massive anti-building damage. is a bit faster but also has less base attack

true, just remembered rams

2 Likes

no i was just thinking that - well for example. the leitis is held in check by the fact that it has lackluster defenses. but an archer unit that ignores armor? it wrecks skirms, paladins, and pretty much anything that is supposed to counter archers.

2 Likes

exept the chariot its all copypasta. even steal costiller tech 1:1 just for infantry. theres not space for new units

we have now 2 atk pierce armor units. leitis obuch & u wanna slap their mechanic on archer so u call it new idea? no. can use mods for this

1 Like

You are right its becoming harder to make unique uu’s with the amount of civis the game has now.

4 Likes

There are many things that only developers can make with their advanced tools but modders cannot do with simple modding tools.
Such as:

• relics generating food with gold. (LotW)
  • units “on map” replaced with another unit. (LotW)
  • charge attack mechanism, which didn’t work earlier properly. (LotW)
  • we might even see timed auto-spawning unique building for poles as some speculate. (DotD)

These are all new game mechanics that a simple mod with only AGE tool couldn’t have implemented.
Mods can only use the existing game mechanics in a slightly altered form. While developers who can alter the game engine can introduce brand new mechanisms altogether.

4 Likes

at least you can live with tamils! 1/6 goals accomplished

well they stole the leitis ability for obuch (at least from a sepculative perspective) and imo making a heavy infantry unit with a charge attack is very different that a cav unit

even the Pata and Valla?

1 Like

infentry could never charge how a horse can

hopefully you follow my thinking
The first swing of your sword is usually the strongest as you have time to prepare it, and the ramdao was made to decapitate. After you decapitate the first row of enemy units you have to use less devastating quick attacks for a while to block enemy swords from reaching you while you prepare a mighty swing.

1 Like

Great topic, @Szaladon!
Some good ideas for expansions in the style of LotW and DotD. And this is what devs have obviously chosen as strategy.
For those interested, I worked out a hopefully viable concept for an Indian DLC:

2 Likes

Hope we’re not done with DLCs. India next would be really nice.

4 Likes

I must agree. Though there’s no harm in adding another Indian civ if they can make it distinguished enough from all the other Elephant civs. Perhaps alongside Tibetans or Jurchens.

That’s true. Though I am curious how many more ideas for UUs and tech trees they can come up with that won’t bother those complaining about new civs’ repetitiveness and lack of uniqueness.

I’m still expecting civs of underrepresented regions like Africa, the Balkans and the Caucasus too.

1 Like

Devs seem to be facing this issue as well if not why would they replace a current unit with a civi special unit like the winged hussar.
Right now scorpion and CA line only has 2 units so there is room for one more,HC can have an upgrade,few more blacksmith tech lines can be given for free as well.to which civis these fit I have no idea.

2 Likes

I definitely miss African civs more than Asian ones. Instead of spamming Indian civs it is better to give a lot of civs from Africa.

4 Likes

100% agree. Caucasus, Africa and more Chinese sub-factions are what I’m hoping for.

4 Likes

Africa shouldn’t get DLC with two civs. Africa must get DLC with four civs!

Nubians, Congolese, Ghana / or Mossi and Zimbabwe

4 Likes