Which civs would you like to see added first in DLC?

How that already have them? Norse aren’t in yet

Serioulsy no one thought about Portuguese apart from me? its the greatest water empire on history, and yes, it fits on the timeline

2 Likes

Yo había pensado en los Españoles, Portugueses, Otomanos y Bizantinos… pero ninguno de ellos salió xd

5 Likes

Other!
Selcuk → Ottoman → Turk
I mean it was called Ottoman Empire
Dont need to tell you what “Empire” means i guess :wink:
Wonder how you can forget to name one of them in your list …

5 Likes

First you have to keep in mind that very new civ needs a campaign. Like if they add the Byzantines the Turks need to be added aswell (byzantine-turk wars, the siege of Constantinopole?). I see some of you suggest adding the Japanese, we already have the Mongols so the Mongol invasions of Japan would be a really interesting campaign. As for the Spanish, we already have the French and the English so a lot can be done here. One about El Cid would be a good option but we already have it in aoe2. Maybe something more recent like the Spanish italian wars agains France, the 80 years war or the wars against the Ottomans.
By adding the Spanish the devs can start thinking about adding meso american civs as they are their main ‘‘antagonist’’.(Spanish conquest of the Aztec empire?). The Portuguese also have some options involving campaigns against the Spanish, Indians and Ottomans. (Francisco de Almeida?).

1 Like

Hahahaha yea that’s the problem…

1 Like

Mayans and Spanish how are they not even on the list?

2 Likes

Lol, people think Relic will add future civs to this. Taken them nearly a year to add a colour picker. :rofl:

6 Likes

1st Expansion: Age of Conquest
Byzantine empire
Kalmar union (Norse)
Seljuk Turks

2nd Expansion: Age of Exploration
Spain
Portugal
Dutch

3rd Expansion: Age of Honor
Japan
Korea
Rajhanate of Cebu (philippines)

4th Expansion: Age of Kings
Khmer empire (cambodia)
Champa Kingdoms (Vietnam)
Sukhothai (Thailand)

5th Expansion: Age of Discovery
Maya
Aztec
Incas

6th Expansion: Age of Gold
Songhai Empire (Formerly Mali)
Benin empire
Mossie Kingdoms

5 Likes

I would laugh if it were not the sad reality :frowning:

1 Like

Poland and Scotland .

4 Likes

In the poll not in the game.

Way ahead of you bud!

I would like to see Poland+Lithuania. It could introduce cool mechanic to the game. Poland was established in 2nd half of Xth century. Lithuania in 1st half of XIIIth century. Then were joined by personal union in 1386 and created Commonwealth in 1569. Civ starts as Poland and then in Age 3 transitions into Polish-Lithuanian civ :slight_smile: . I would really like to play that!

1 Like

Korea has a historical fact with the Chinese

SPAAAAAAAAAIN PLEEEAAASEEEEE!!! :heartbeat:

3 Likes

But Japan is so necessary

2 Likes

Ottomans, one of the most demanded civs for AoE IV is sadly not a poll option. So I’m gonna shout out to them here.

Japanese are my #1 most wanted civ though, followed by the Ottomans and then Malians. I was disappointed at first with the lack of Persians, but Delhi have done a good job of placating that disappointment considering they speak Persian, and they have elephants. Don’t get me wrong I’d still like to see them in AoE IV, but I’d rather they fix/rework the Persians in AoE II before working on a Persian civ for AoE IV.

With Winged Hussar as their unique Horseman unit? I’m down for that.

4 Likes

I THINK THE GAME MUST HAVE:

Byzantines&Turks

Spanish&Moors (Reconquista)

Normans&Egypt (Crusades)

With a single player campaign for each pair of civs

AND AS A MAYBE I WOULD LIKE

Norsemen(Vikings)&Scots

Malians&Berbers

Aztecs&Tlaxcaltecs

Japanese&Korea

Of course I don’t think we are gonna get +20 civs any time soon, it’s only a list with all the civs that I think would be interesting for AoE4

4 Likes

I wonder if they will ever add any new civs this year