Can’t download or subscribe any mod

Did Anyone encounter this problem? The symptom is that you click the subscribe button and then it just returns the status not clicked while I haven’t downloaded the mod.

Same problem as well I just gotten the game.

1 Like

Have you tried to:
Install or verify the game is installed on your C: drive
Delete the mods folder C:\Users\username\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE%64bit-steamID%\mods
Did you happen to buy the game on both steam and xbox live?
Many users appeared to have issues installing mods, not me though.
Trying to see what I can do to help since mine is fine.

Thank you. After seeing what you said, I’ve tried to delete it but still the problem remains. Besides I only bought it on steam. Sorry I can’t understand the C:drive item but my game is installed in other disk.

installing it on the C: Drive in the default location fixed issues for some people.
Some users had it installed on D: or other drives and could not download mods. Likely due to permissions issues.

1 Like

I have user folder with mods on C drive and game (Steam) on D drive. Mods work correctly.

I guess I’m referring to this guy as my only piece of evidence, who admits is not sure if moving or just reinstalling fixed their problem. To which you have also responded similarly.

This user also had an apparently unique method of discovering and fixing problems.

Not sure what they are referring to as a steam folder and a windows store folder, they may be confused with folders that are there for either version.

Normal it should be that way as hd version does

Thank you a lot. In fact I don’t have enough room for the installation on C drive so I haven’t try this approach and just give up. I may just wait for the time I can use mods again

Specifically
“-Yes, I have read that some people that have special characters in their windows username may have problems.”

1 Like

Hi guys I have problem with downloading the mods from age of empires DE the mods are not stop downloading I tried many things for solving but no thing happened so if any one get this problem please help me to solve it

Hi @boalgood07 !

Thanks, we are already tracking this issue :smiley:

1 Like

same for me. when i subscribe to mod its not downloading. its just goes away like i didnt subscribe. can some1 tell me whats going on please?

same happening to me. my mods didnt work after i purchased new dlc. do u think if i ask for refund and unnistall the lastest verison my mods would work again? please answer me asap bec without mods this game isnt playable…

Hi guys I have problem with downloading the mods from age of empires DE the mods are not stop downloading I tried many things for solving but no thing happened so if any one get this problem please help me to solve it

Maybe you could try to use accelerator.

they should just up the speed allocate to players outside of north america. few players from asia and australia that I know of have fast internet and still takes them forever to download.