Do you think the Horse Archer, Camel Rider, and War Elephant should all become?

Considering the fact that the Horse Archer, Camel Rider, and War Elephant were regional soldiers and therefore, not used by only one civilization as they were historically used by many empires, I think it would be a good idea to turn these units into regional units instead of them being unique units. In fact, making them shared units can especially be useful for when the Persian civilization gets added because the Persians historically used all three of the following units mentioned here. So, what do you think?

• Yes! It would make sense
  • No

0 voters

If you want, check out my other polls:

If the Byzantines get added, which civ should they pair up with? - Age of Empires IV / IV - Discussion - Age of Empires Forum

Next Indian civilization? - Age of Empires IV / IV - Discussion - Age of Empires Forum

What do you think will be the next pair of civilizations after the Malians and Ottomans? - Age of Empires IV / IV - Discussion - Age of Empires Forum

What Italian civilization would you like to see? - Age of Empires IV / IV - Discussion - Age of Empires Forum

What Spanish civilization would you like to see? - Age of Empires IV / IV - Discussion - Age of Empires Forum

2 Likes

They can change that at any time.

There’s really no point in doing so until/unless they are adding another civ that uses the unit.

Mangudai is also a horse archer called by a different name. They can name them something regional when they decide to add another. That’s not a big deal.

But it’s a big deal is the Horse Archer is unique to the Rus because this is a mounted archer with a generic name and because of that, it should become a regional unit instead of a unique unit.

But it’s not unique… abbasid gets a mounted archer too, regionally called camel archer. They can change the names later to make them more diverse but at the moment I think it’s unique enough. I wouldn’t want them to duplicate the lancer/knight scenario for everything.

[Would be useful for when Persians are added] This could be years away if ever.

But still, the Horse Archer has to become a shared unit used by civilizations that historically had them.

Both Abbasids and Delhi used cav archers. Abbasids used them way more than Rus did through their mercs did. Delhi usage fluctuated depending on their time period but arguably was never less than Rus.