Future Trash unit ideas?

Also agree. If there is one unit that is an interesting concept for the next trash unit via a UT it’s the ram.

I just want to mention that all trash units need to have at least 1 trash or semi-trash counter. Malay trashmen are already on the edge of unfairness cause they don’t have a real “counter” in the trash countering wheel. At least hussars kind of soft-counter them.
That’s why trash monks seemingly isn’t a problem as hussars counter them quite well.

I would be very interested in trash rams. I think this would eb a really cool idea for Cumans as a replacement for the stupid mercenaries tech. Cumans lategame isn’t the best either, so having access to trash rams wouldn’t make them immediately OP even if it turns out to be a very strong tech.

Something I also want to share here because I also want to give the thread a little tweak.
Imo we could think of adding some new general trash units to diversify the meta. I tried to make this in one own project but couldn’t find the time to make the mod I wanted. But feel free to be inspired by my

Hypothetical trash unit thread

Containing designs of several new trash units which could be fun to play with. The exact designs are hidden, you need to click on the arrow before the Unique Unit of each of the Civs I inclined them into.

Shieldman

Jinete

Lightbowman

Ratha/Chariot

Flamethrower

I tried to give each of these trash units a natural Gold composition partner and also tried to make each of them countering one of the typical main compositions (like skirms counter archers/spearmen).
Shieldmen are for pure Inf comps, Jinetes for monk/HC/siege comps, lightbowmen for camels, chariots for elephants and flamethrowers for steppe lancers.