Happy Holidays and a really BIG hug to the phenomenal devs

Hey it’s me again DiplexBoss6.

I wanted to wish the devs (and all those who read this) a happy end of year and a happy start to 2022. This is an appreciation post for the devs of a game that has been a key part of my life for a long long time.

I’ve been an OG fan of AoE3 since 2005 and have stuck with it ever since (I still suck and all my adventures into this fascinating game are with my friend the AI). With DE, all my little AoE dreams have come true in the past year. We got like 6 new civs in ONE year. 6 new, very rich civs that I poured hours into, and it was HELLA fun (for the competitive guys, I know balance is paramount, but I believe we’ll get there!) We got quite a few historical battles and we got customizations to all those beautiful HCs that I so wanted ever since TAD came out! That’s quite a lot for a game which has always been overshadowed by its big brother AoE2 and never truly got all the appreciation it deserved.

None of it would be possible without the tireless work of the devs, who have always responded to most issues we’ve had, and most of them have been addressed either sooner or later (thank you!!) . Over the last year, every time there is an update or a PUP, I would take an hour off to just sit and read the notes. Sometimes they’ve made me happy, and sometimes they’ve made me sad, but I’ve always been excited to read them. Ever since DE released, it has been a source of joy for me and I hope it will continue to be so for years to come. Once again, thank you!

I am very interested in world history and AoE3 is by far the richest game in this franchise in my opinion in terms of representing varied peoples across the world. I’m glad that the devs make new civs with the histories of the civs in mind, and not just how these civs would do in a competitive RTS setting (please don’t hate me). It’s another reason for me to love this game and bond with it so much. There is still work to do here, with the Asian civs being a stereotypical mess etc. But I believe we’ll get there.

So that’s it pretty much. Happy holidays and I guess I’ll be back soon in 2022, making more annoying posts about the AI, and wishing as always, the best for AoE3DE.

Cheers everyone,
DiplexBoss6

34 Likes

Personally it is the 1,2 and 4 that I did not particularly like, while the 3 offers a gameplay that satisfies me, afterwards I am aware that a lot of people like the other opus, but as said in France , each his own.

In any case thank you to you the team, whether it is developer or moderators for this year.

I hope one day for an overhaul of European civilizations and minor natives from aoe 3 classic to Asian Dynasty

6 Likes

We definitely hope that these are the priorities for next year. This has been ordered up to tiredness.

3 Likes

I knew you wanted something…

Getting regular new content for one of my favorite childhood games has just been a dream come true. I was born in 2000 and definitely remember playing both base game and warchiefs before Asian Dynasties came out so I must have been 5 or 6 when I started playing. Now I’m in college and getting to play it and have a blast like it’s some hot new game. Thanks devs.

1 Like

No, please no. They’re fine as it is.

4 Likes

A few new cards like infinite natives for Ottomans, and a few tweaks on useless politicians like for example the inventor.

For example, Europeans do not have shipments of fishing boats, that would be fine and it would not be an alteration.

1 Like

Aw @DiplexBoss6 you made my heart melt :heart:

Thank you for your beautiful words you made my day!

Happy holidays to you too guys :sparkles:

9 Likes