Issue with spanish campaign narrator (and maybe others too)

Hello everyone! My name is Emanuel, I’m from Argentina and I play Age of Empires since 2001 when I got my first computer at my eight years :stuck_out_tongue:

To start this post I want to say that I love this game and that’s why I care enough to post everything you will read (also because a such nice person as @GMEvangelos encouraged me on discord to share my concern on the forum), so don’t take this as an offense: it’s a constructive criticism to be able to improve.
I also want to say sorry if my english is not the best (or it’s poor…), my native language is spanish.

Let’s begin… :speak_no_evil:

I’m extremely disappointed with the Spanish narrator in the campaigns :frowning:.
Why? He has not passion at all, he does pauses when the narration should not have them… He could be a really good locutor on his area (I don’t know about his career), but it’s not an interpreter :grimacing:.

To be honest: I really miss the original Spanish narrator of Age of Empires II. He was simply epic in all the sense of the word, he generated a lot of emotions because he had something not everyone have: he had the ability to interpret what he was reading, he made you feel part of the history, he was magic.

I don’t talk about their voices (because no one can deny that the first haves a better voice) or where they are from (because it makes a difference for sure). I’m talking about the capacity to interpret.

The new narrator is just… flat, he doesn’t show a single emotion, for him is the same when a sentence it’s an exclamation or not, he does pauses when there is not any “,” or any reason to do the pauses…

On the first campaign mission: One of them tell me the situation saying all on the same flat way while the other makes me be part of the situation and plays with his voice when it’s needed. The first narrator was able to understand when he needed to show dissapointment, when he needed to show exaltation, when he needed to talk slowly or faster, and as I said: the new one just read all on the same flat way.

Did you heard the old radio shows? The radio had the magic to make you create an imaginary world and be part, making you believe you were there…
I think that the old narrator had that ability, and the new one it’s just someone who can read a text.

Again: The new narrator could be a really good locutor on his area (I don’t know about his career), but it’s not an interpreter and I miss the “magic” the original narrator gave us. This is not personal (sorry new narrator if you are reading me!), I just want to have the best game experience possible.

Looking at Steam I compiled the following comments in the section of my language (Spanish):

Me dan igual los gráficos mejorados, las nuevas civilizaciones y todo lo que quieran si el narrador de las campañas y los comandos de voz están en latino. Es que ha sido oír eso y no he querido saber nada más, es horroroso. El narrador original de las campañas es mítico, es lo que le daba la personalidad al juego. Incluso han mancillado la campaña de Wallace. No lo entiendo. Nada, hasta que no pongan las voces originales no pienso jugarlo, y toda la comunidad española debería hacer lo mismo. Es indignante.
^
I don’t care about the improved graphics, the new civilizations and everything they want if the campaign narrator and voice commands are in Latin. It’s just been hearing that and I didn’t want to know anything else, it’s horrible. The original narrator of the campaigns is mythical, it is what gave the game personality. They have even tainted the Wallace campaign. I do not get it. Nothing, until they do not put the original voices I will not play it, and the whole Spanish community should do the same. It is outrageous.

*I will need to split my post because of starter limits, I expect to don’t break any rules

5 Likes

Han cambiado la voz en español y jugar la campaña de William Wallace sin escuchar «HeScOSiA» apenas compensa el rediseño y DLCs.
^
They have changed the voice in Spanish and play the William Wallace campaign without hearing “HeScOSiA” barely compensates for the redesign and DLCs.

1 Like

Una verguenza que no este en español ni siquiera lo que estaba en español de españa en el aoe2 hd, se me quitan todas las ganas de empezar la historia con las voces tan sosas del latino con perdón…
^
A shame that is not in Spanish or even what was in Spanish of Spain in the aoe2 hd, I don’t want to start the story with the so bland voices of the latin, sorry…

1 Like

Cuando se anunció este juego en verano ponía que iba a estar íntegro (textos, interfaz y VOCES) en español de España, allá por septiembre solo ponía que iba a estar en español de Latinoamérica. La semana pasada lo añadieron en español de España pero solo textos e interfaz. Las voces latinoamericanas de las campañas y las taunts son penosas, no le ponen la emoción que tenían las originales, se nota que están leyendo un papel. Si el original estaba doblado al castellano y el primer Definitive Edition también ¿por qué este no? Es una patada en los mismísimos a toda la comunidad de España que tanto ha apoyado esta saga. Lo peor es que desde arriba no se nos ha dado ninguna explicación. Así no Microsoft, ¡así no!
^
When this game was announced in summer, it said it was going to be complete (texts, interface and VOICES) in Spanish from Spain, back in September I only said it was going to be in Spanish in Latin America. Last week they added it in Spanish from Spain but only texts and interface. The Latin American voices of the campaigns and taunts are painful, they do not put the emotion that the originals had, it shows that they are reading a paper. If the original was dubbed in Spanish and the first Definitive Edition also, why not? It is a kick in the very same to the whole community of Spain that has supported this saga so much. The worst is that from the top we have not been given any explanation. Not so Microsoft, not like that!

1 Like

Cuando bajo a ver las reseñas sólo veo gente que se queja de que no está ni la campaña de los Españoles ni las voces en Español España y, al entrar, me doy cuenta de que es verdad, me parece horrible sabiendo que ya estaba desde las anteriores entregas cosa que no me ha parecido nada bien, han fastidiado algo que me encantaba, hasta que no cambien eso sólo van a tener una mala imagen para mucha gente
^
When I go down to see the reviews I only see people who complain that there is neither the Spanish campaign nor the voices in Spanish Spain and, upon entering, I realize that it is true, I find it horrible knowing that It was already on previous deliveries, that did not seem good to me, they have ruined something that I loved, until they change that they will only have a bad image for many people

1 Like

Llevo jugando desde la beta, el juego, un juegazo, buenísimos los nuevos gráficos y tal, pero… ¿QUE CLASE DE BASURA ES ESE DOBLAJE NUEVO?, en serio, ¿tanto costaba dejarlo como estaba en Español de España?, es horrible. Mi recomendación es NO porque la experiencia no es completa por culpa del sonido, hasta que los desarrolladores o la comunidad vuelvan a poner el sonido como antaño en Español de España, entonces cambiaré mi reseña.
^
I’ve been playing from the beta, the game it’s a great game, great new graphics and such, but … WHAT CLASS OF GARBAGE IS THAT NEW DUBBING? , seriously, it was so hard to leave it as it was in Spanish of Spain ?, is horrible. My recommendation is NO because the experience is not complete because of the sound, until the developers or the community put the sound back like in Spanish in Spain, then I will change my review.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

It looks it’s not only a spanish issue only, because the last review is about german version (posted on the spanish side of Steam) and I also saw a video comparison between english voices, the old and new voices, and nobody like the change (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeCvlGOqTTk)… but I can only speak about the spanish language experience because it’s the one I know.

I’m sorry to bother you, but this is important for me (and a lot of players) and I can’t find a single comment telling good things about the new spanish narrator. To be honest: 30% of the comments on steam (on the spanish section) talks about the new narrator and nobody likes this new style.

I’m not from Spain, I don’t have a pride issue because of my nationality, I’m from Argentina, I speak “latin america spanish”. But as I said: I think that the old narrator had the ability to make you part of the history, he was able to understand each sentence and change the way he told it, and the new one: it’s just someone who can read a text.

I don’t ask to delete his work, but I really need someone who can interpret a text to keep the magic of the campaigns for me.
Can you add this to future updates? :hearts:

Maybe you can add an “classic voices” option on the game menu, even when I see the general consensus is that the old voices were better.

I hope you can read this, check all the information I gave and I hope you can work to make me happy. I expected this game with a lot of illusion.

Thank you for your time, I wish you a really happy end of the year! :smile:

1 Like

I cant be more agree with you, there are many users asking for the old spanish from spain audio.

Dont missunderstand me, im really happy about the new spanish from america audio! people from america deserve too their spanish version, but people from spain deserve too their original audio!!

3 Likes

Onda vital. Jajaja. Prefiero jugarlo en su idioma original y no esta lengua con malas traducciones y actuaciones.

1 Like

Yo desde luego no pienso comprarlo hasta que incluyan el doblaje español de España.

2 Likes

Suerte esperando… Hay más bugs que nada por ahora.

1 Like

Hello, from a French speaking player, I had exactly the same experience:

and everything else that you said is exctly the same in French… So if it is just a temporary thing then that’s all right, but if this is really “Definitive”, then it absolutely is not all right and I will only play the historical campaigns on HD.

Moreover the music is sometimes a bit flat. And the heroes icons are cartoony, unlike the realistic (though bad definition) HD or AoK heroes. Anyway, the epic of the campaigns has been lost somewhere on the road!

3 Likes

Completely agree with all the comments. It’s a shame that spanish voices were included in hd versión, (were good), and now in definitive edition we only have south american spanish. This is not acceptable for a lot of people. We are 3 friends that were ready to buy the game but, it’s imposible for us to do it now. This situation is unrespectful with spanish costumers. I have played at least 800 or 1000 hours to the hd edition, and I won’t buy the game if you don’t solve this problem.

4 Likes

It is a shame, i hope that both of us get what we are looking for. fight together!!

3 Likes

Then we should be together and ask them an alternative audio, an option to use the classic narrators.
French, English, German, Spanish. We are a lot of communities having the same issue, wanting the same.

Of course: Bug fixes should be their priority now, but we should expect a solution to improve our game experience on a (near) future update.

3 Likes

Repeated topic, well my answer it’s here:

Off topic: Calmense, de seguro estan mas interesados en solucionar otros bugs que en los doblajes en estos momentos :sweat_smile:

Yes, this is not top priority, but a new audio will be necessary at some point, or at least the classic voice acting.

2 Likes

Tampoco diría que sea una cosa sin ningun tipo de prioridad. Se estan llevando 0 euros de mucha gente por la mala actuación que han hecho quitando un idioma ya existente. Ciertamente no será el primero en la lista pero es algo que nos ha molestado mucho a mucha gente.

Un saludo

2 Likes