New Asian Campaign Suggestion for DE

Hello everyone!

I have been wondering why Asian, especially East Asian, have only 4 civs (or 5 if including Vietnamese) and one architecture style, but European could have lots of civilizations and campaigns. There had be so many kingdoms, empires and dynasties established in East Asia, and has such a rich history, cultures and wars that is not lost to Europe.

In the current game, Chinese, Korean and Japanese even have just single campaigns instead of a story scenario about some heroes, generals or emperors. They absolutely worth it, and below I suggest some people who are worth getting official scenarios.

1. Kim Yu-shin(Korean)
    Kim was a famous general and Hwarang (“Flowering Knights”) in 7th-century Silla. He had served under Queen Seondeok of Silla as commander in chief of the royal army, fought Goguryeo, Baekje and Yamato Japanese and led the unification of the Korean Peninsula by Silla.
    Like Admiral Yi Sun-Shin, Kim is a Korean national hero. If Yi Sun-Shin can not have a scenario because of his campaign of “Noryang Point”, Kim would be a nice choice.

2. Su Dingfang(Chinese)
    Su was a great general of the Chinese dynasty Tang Dynasty who succeeded in destroying the Western Turkic Khaganate in 657. His victory over Western Turks expanded the western borders of the Tang Empire to their farthest extent. He was also instrumental in conquering Baekje Korean in 660.
    When Su was young, he followed his father to join the local militia in combating the agrarian rebels. After helping Silla against Goguryeo, he started his famous campaigns against Turks (you know they were some different to Seljuk and Ottoman, right?), Izgils,Tibetans and Koreans.
    Su was the chief commander of Tang in the Tang-Silla alliance against Baekje-Japanese alliance and It would be exciting when the player looks Su standing up with Kim Yu-shin and both of them fighting together in the Battle of Baekgang.

3. Guo Ziyi(Chinese)
    General Guo was known for his loyalty and courage, ended An Lushan Rebellion, the most important turning point in Chinese history, and participated in expeditions against the Uyghur Khaganate and Tibetan Empire.
    When the empire was in big trouble, he stepped forward to assist the prince and the Uighur alliance in counterattack and gained the respect of the Chinese and Uighurs. Afterwards, he resisted several invasions from the Tibetans and Uighurs, and successfully restored the alliance between the Uighurs and Tang to check and balance the Tibetans. Because of his great contributions, he was even regarded as a Taoist god.

4. Yue Fei (Chinese)
    Yue Fei was the Chinese greatest and most famous general in the Chinese history and has been the national folk hero in whole the Chinese-speaking world.
    The Song Dynasty, which had been able to confront the Khitans and Tanguts with good troops, advanced technology and rich culture, began to decline. Because of the Humiliation of Jingkang, Yue tattooed on his back and vowed to serve the country and take revenge on the Jurchens. After resisting the Jurchen southward invasion, he launched the legendary northern expedition.
    Would he win the final glorious victory for his beloved country and people, or would he lose to the Jurchen heavy cavalry … or the sinister minister around the emperor?

5. Zheng He(Chinese)
    Did you play the Chinese campaign in AOE3 before? It’s based on Zheng He’s story.
    At the command of the emperor, He started Ming treasure voyages between 1405-1433, visited Japan, Ryukyu, Siam, Southeast Asian countries and India, as far as the Arabian Peninsula and Kenya in East Africa, almost a century before Columbus’s voyage in 1492.
    During the voyage, he had to face not only the bad weather and the pirates, but also the barbarians and the kingdom who did not welcome them. Even the most peaceful people had to be armed on the decks of ships and foreign land just for surviving and bringing satisfactory results to the emperor.

6. Qi Jiguang(Chinese)
    Qi was a military general of the Ming dynasty. He is best known for leading the defense on the coastal regions against wokou pirate (although wokou first referred to Japanese pirates, wokou in the middle and late stages were almost all Chinese.) activities in the 16th century, as well as for the reinforcement of the Great Wall of China to defend Mongols raiders.
    Like Yue Fei, Qi is also regarded as a national hero.

7. Minamoto no Yoshitsune(Japanese)
    Yoshitsune is considered one of the greatest and the most popular warriors of his era, and one of the most famous samurai fighters in the history of Japan. During the Genpei War, he led a series of battles which toppled the Ise-Heishi branch of the Taira clan, helping his half-brother Yoritomo consolidate power.
    A respected warrior fought for his brother, crusade the enemy westward, defeated their remnant party with outstanding tactics and martial arts, but was betrayed by his brother, facing endless hunting and flight. The story was totally more than the campaign of “Kurikara”.

8. Sanada Yukimura(Japanese)
    Yukimura was called “A Hero who may appear once in a hundred years”, “Crimson Demon of War” and “The Last Sengoku Hero” and “Number one warrior in Japan”.
    After the Battle of Nagashino and the demise of Takeda, the Sanada must start to fight for their own clan to survive in troubled times. Facing Tokugawa’s pressing forward steadily, Yukimura’s father made a big decision.
    When the samurais each found their own masters to serve, at the end of the war Yukimura would face not only the overwhelming enemy forces outside Osaka Castle, but also his respected brother, Sanada Nobuyuki.

All of them are popular to Asian players, So I really hope they could be playable.
And you can see that so many important Asian civs like Jurchens, Tibetians, Uighurs, Khitans, Tanguts and Siamese above are not available in the current game, it is disappointing to replace them with another unrelated available civ. The development team have not taken care enough about Asian history but claimed that no more new civ. No chance to officially see that Songtsen Gampo founded Tibetan Empire and Naresuan the Great revived the Siamese Ayutthaya Kingdom, such a shame.

I still love this game and enjoy to play it. Just hope it could get better.

5 Likes

The overthrow of the Yuan Dynasty by Zhu Yuanzhang, or the establishment of the Tang Dynasty or the An Lushan Rebellion or even the Song resistance to the Jurchen and then the Mongols would be interesting.

Someone should make a mod for these, I don’t think they will add any new campaign in the game…

There are many new campaigns and scenarios to play and probably more coming.

2 Likes

East Asian should be more focus on, but the campaigns of Genghis Khan shown that they have ignored it since AoK.

I knew them and they are really good campaigns. But I care more on the East Asian campaigns, hope there would be more campaigns and even civs in the future.

@UpmostRook9474 just released my latest Asian scenario, one set during Edo period Japan. Check it out!

2 Likes

@PhillySouljah Always glad to see the Asian theme campaign. Wish there will be more in the future.

Yeah, I agree but they are official mods, not new game content since they don’t have voice acting
Don’t get me wrong, I highly appreciate them, I’m just stating my opinion on them being official campaigns or not

“The Golden Horde” and “The Rise of Tamerlane” both have voice acting for the in-game dialogues. :slight_smile:

1 Like