Option to turn off the "youre being attacked" sound

I’ve asked for a volume control slider for it for years; as well as a ‘how frequent’ do you want to hear it option. For example:

• “May we have separate audio sliders to adjust the volume of certain ‘loud’ and/or repetitious sounds? For example, the battle horn in AoE2 and 3 are very loud and repetitive, and a few of the units are, similarly, annoyingly loud/frequent (monk conversions and twinkles). Just use your best judgment to give us a few extra sliders you think a fair number of people might want. For battle horn, maybe even (also have) a ‘frequency’ slider so we can adjust how often it sounds (e.g., |infrequent|----|normal|----|frequent|)”

As I stated in my linked comment below: “I’m actually very surprised by how so few people are bothered by the loud and incessant battle horn sounds. Or at least if they are annoyed, nobody ever speaks up.” So, thank you for commenting! I wish more people were bothered by it and would be okay with a lower volume and less frequent sound. Devs could possibly scale the alarm to be less frequent as the match grew longer, since mid- and end-game often becomes a non-stop barrage of attacks anyways. Or make some algorithm to say, "Oh, this player hasn’t been attacked for > 120 seconds, now they were attacked, so let’s make the battle bell/horn sound once and then call it good for a few minutes since they’re probably paying a lot more attention to them being attacked now. I also mention making a visual cue for those who want/need it… as with a visual cue, that can serve as the notification to players who choose a less frequent (or off) battle sound.

And in this thread, I learn that it’s very difficult to modify audio for AoE2:DE. You need to be a borderline audio engineer:

And I threw a comment in at the base of this post… but don’t read, as it’s quite a long post mostly dealing with other stuff:

And have mentioned it in a smattering of other places. I really wish the battle sound ideas could be done, LeadoffAunt3049

4 Likes