Regional Skins are already in the game! It's just a matter of allowing through NON DATA mod for Asian/African civs

For it they will have to separate the smx for each civ already in original data so that we don’t need to do it via data mods.

yeah not a fan of unofficial mods being allowed.
want to know why? because you never know whats going to slip through the cracks.
look at how badly the game was messed up when they imported the 256 cheat.

i don’t want that happening because people decided to import new skins.

Yes i understand what you mean, and i also understand it will add a gigabyte at tops(63mb *20-25 skins)

But I personally do not think people will exactly be ranting/rioting about that lost gigabyte of Hard Disk Space
As it is 100% voluntary whether you want to use it in game(in RAM)
(And if you read the title i’m not asking for a toggle, but a Non-Data mod)

It seems i’m not getting any response here, but am I wrong here? @Juggernaut8704 @MatCauthon3 @HerianB @Geojak92 @DoctBaghi @JonOli12

1. i don’t think they should allow unofficial skins.
  2. i don’t think a toggle is the way to implement it.
  3. i don’t think they should half bake it, because that seems shoddy and rushed.
1 Like
  • i also don’t think a toggle is the way to implement it.
  • i also don’t think the Official Version should half bake it, because that seems shoddy and rushed.

All I think is there should be allowance to edit only the unit graphics for a NON-Data mod, and not the other stats in any way

1 Like

well RAM will be used always if it has to be a togglable mod. since all the copies of graphics always are loaded into temporary memory.

if you read the title i’m not asking for a toggle, but a Non-Data mod

Please, focus on the issue and the cause, I once said by mistake that a toggle could be the way, I am sorry
Non-Data mod is the way

1 Like

though it wouldn’t affect the game much if the number of such separations are low. aoe2 game engine is built to handle a lot of units. so it doesn’t matter that much unless you are going for separating all civs.

1 Like

That’s what I thought all this while, It seems you do agree then

1 Like

weve agreed on the base since the beginning. just not implementation.

Actually , we agree on that too, I agree that a Non data mod is the way
not a Toggle
And that the eventual final solution to this is an Official regional skin mod

2 Likes

no, because you support joe slim being able to skin his units in an unofficial mod and use that in ranked gameplay. i do not.

2 Likes

I really want them to first prioritize on the half baked elements/inconsitencies that already exist in the game:

i do support the idea regional skin but it is a big project in itself.

2 Likes

absolutely. in an official capacity could be a very nice bonus for those who want them.
I also think it should be a paid DLC.

1 Like

For those who want it, it doesn’t matter whether it is paid or not. So it is not required to emphasize the same thing (paid DLC) again and again.

ive seen those who want it to be given away for free.

and i have seen you always bringing the same point of paid dlc again and again into this topic on different threads. you have stated it once, it’s good but no need to just stick to the same point all the time.

2 Likes

Bonus reminder: about disk usage, at least 3-5gb of AoE2DE is wasted on unnecessary translations, which are all download regardless of your preferences. Spanish, french, german, etc. If your average player doesn’t care about that, then i guess he won’t be mad about a 1-3gb dlc/mod/update with skins for his game units.

3 Likes

Would be amazing! Especially for Monks

2 Likes

In this case I don’t care about money, I don’t care about GB size. I would like to see reskined units at least in the future.

3 Likes