This game won't be a hit

Subjective? Who doesn’t like Ori’s graphics?
The point is that the art of a game is not determined by the capacity of the hardware.

2 Likes

It’s totally subjective. Some people like the art, some don’t.

And no, in no game do I stop to take screenshots.

3 Likes

It is not subjective, it is artistic criteria. Just because you don’t take screenshots doesn’t mean you don’t admire the appearance of a game.

Isn’t that Doom? It is a console and PC game, not just PC

It is subjective, it is taste. Different people have different taste. Somebody could say AoE3 artstyle suck sand also say, Among us artstyle is incredible. It is taste. It is like saying, “It is not subjective to say everybody likes Pop music”

4 Likes

Saying that I don’t like something or that I am not attracted to it is not the same as saying that something is wrong or right. It is only a matter of judgment. Art at AOE has always been essential. It is nothing new, and it is not a fad.

I was talking about AoE4, Doom Eternal is just an example of a game that is arguably one of the most visually impressive games of all times, but can also look like complete garbage to match the capabilities of your PC.

So it doesn’t make sense to keep telling us the game looks like it does because it needs to run on lower end machines.

2 Likes

But that is what we are saying. Let me quote the replies

I agree

This is extremely subjective, this is simply your opinion. And it is a fair opinion but it involved taste. It is not absolute

Art in all games is essential

3 Likes

Don’t understand people complaining about ‘cartoon’ or ‘mobile’ graphics or any of these silly comparisons. Graphics and art style are fine. I appreciate they don’t have as much oversaturation and bloom as other age games. Easy on the eyes for long games, easy to see what’s going on. I would hope most RTS players are interested primarily in the game mechanics themselves - that’s what’s going to determine whether this is a long term success or not. I feel like people who won’t buy based solely on their perception of “graphics” are not really the target audience for RTS games anyway.

12 Likes

They aren’t and I’m extremely glad that it is just a loud minority

Art style is awesome, I think graphics are ok. They could be much much better but I’d rather as many people be able to play it as possible

9 Likes

It is not subjective because I am speaking comparatively with previous games. Relatively, the previous games have more detail than AOE-4. In the previous games there are fauna of all kinds and the interface of each game is very detailed.

As I say. There must be a harmony between gameplay and art. (Not graphics, because in principle they are fine). Do not throw one away for the “good” of the other aspect.

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system

• Processor: Intel Core i5 @ 3.3 GHz or better, or AMD Ryzen 3 @ 3.1 GHz or better

• Memory: 8 GB RAM

• Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB), GTX 1060 (3GB), GTX 1650 (4GB) or AMD Radeon R9 280(3GB), AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB), RX 470 (4GB)

• Network: Broadband Internet connection

• Storage: 80 GB available space

• Additional Notes: ( 1080p / 60 FPS / Low Quality Settings )

Just for clarification for folks

It IS subjective because people have different tastes. I don’t think you know the definition of the word, let me help.

based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

These are all subjective opinions and none of them are “wrong”

The DE versions, yes.

Interface appears to be crap from the videos they have shown

You do realize that you only got a taste of the game, there could be loads of content missing from the beta that you don’t know about.

1 Like

I think so too, in fact, people are simply not satisfied in their subjective views on design for the most part.
This is confirmed by the ratings under the latest trailers after GamesCom. Most people are looking forward to the game with pleasure and impatience and want to play it.

Even on the old trailer without any fixes, the ratio of likes and dislikes shows that most people are still looking forward to the game.

4 Likes

What does that clarify?

I don’t think it’s just a personal point of view because the involution is evident.

The classics also within its possibilities of the time.

I ‘liked’ all those videos because I support the series. But that does not mean that I agree with everything proposed. Sure, many of us who are criticizing gave a ‘like’.

3 Likes

This never was in question, the debate is that more people dislike graphics compared to those who like it

Those are the specs for Doom: Eternal. Imo they aren’t extremely low but for nowadays they aren’t bad. Although if the pic on the right is the lowest settings the game can go they didn’t do well optimizing

AoE3 pushed the limit and look what happened? Not many people could get their hands on the game because they couldn’t run it. AoE2 wasn’t a very demanding game if I recall correctly. I could play it on a toaster

Are you refusing to play the game due to graphics?

Agree to disagree then, there is no more constructive argument to be had here

No?

4 Likes

We have no other aggregators for assessing public opinion, except for evaluations on YouTube and local polls, and the data from these resources show the same results, most are waiting for this particular game, then what exactly your motivation was in supporting the franchise does not speak for the motivation of other people under these rollers. Plus, the comments under the gamescom trailers confirm my words.
I also want to say that the opinion of most skeptics changed dramatically after they tasted the game in beta.