Which has better graphics, AoE3 DE or AoE4?

AoE 3 DE for sure. Much better textures. The biggest criticism so far when it comes to AoE 4 is the textures, animations and scale of units vs buildings. :frowning: Would love to see this changed.

3 Likes

after played the Aoe4 beta i can surely state that Aoe3de has the better graphic: better textures, better Gaia, better water and vivid world.

I’m playing the African Expansion and my God: is incredibile beatiful. Developers changed zoom in again: you can see your units more close than ever: they wanna show how good work they made.

Forgotten Empires +Tantalus are very talented people and i’m very excited for the next AOM (definitive edition or sequel). I’m sure this game will have a great graphic.

Some screenshos of African DLC (4k resolution: click on them too see in the native resolution)

Look at the weapons, clothes, shields, cannons: all look realistic and beatuful
2021-08-26-2
2021-08-26-3
2021-08-26-4
2021-08-26-5
2021-08-26-9
2021-08-26-12
2021-08-26-13
2021-08-26-15
2021-08-26-16
2021-08-26-18
2021-08-26-19
2021-08-26-25
2021-08-26-26

12 Likes

AOE 4 has the best graphics by miles, the graphics of AOE 4 is like a soft water color painting, it’s not sharp and jarring to the eye and looks amazing. The artsytle also has a lot of lasting power. Unit models look adorable at the same time has a sense of realism.

It’s a very pleasing game to look at.

13 Likes

Technically true, the first reply saying Aoe3 looks better doesn’t have the same number of likes, just more likes.

1 Like

Hmm , not sure . Maybe they are talented people making games looks nice but they had broke my favorite game (aoe3) , aoe3 DE is a hot mess , the performance is HORRIBLE and the readability + unit models is actually WORSE than aoe4 , you just can’t say no , all units in aoe3 are all the same or at least look the same .

Aoe4 Beta actually have better performance BY FAR than aoe3 DE , I had never been disconnected from a match in aoe4 for example.

————

So in conclusion (keep in mind this is my opinion)

Aoe4 : Cartoony graphics combined with realism , Units match with the art style , And it has great performance

Aoe3 DE : Great realistic graphics , units and style doesn’t match , Horrible performance

Graphics < Gameplay

Graphics < Performance

Do you know what ? Aoe3DE is like battlefield 5 , the best battlefield looking but the worst in the saga.

————

I actually prefer this :

To this :

Both images have been taken In the same resolution

See what’s missing in the Aoe3 DE right? Colorful Units doesn’t match with the realistic style.

Well , that is all

Keep in mind that this is my opinion and I also like aoe3 , not DE , vanilla only.

It was my first aoe game and my favorite on the saga , but I have to admit that aoe4 is way better , that is all lads , have a good day.

6 Likes

Oh

Didn’t notice haha , sorry

1 Like

I’ve finally made up my mind .
AoE4 is better

5 Likes

Played this Afternoon: 4k version Is not yet available.

For me, it’s very readable and incredible detailed at the same time.

AOE3DE Is much Better.

5 Likes

Did you read what did I say? Readable is but it doesn’t have good performance and units doesn’t match with the art style

marcoracosta205 jimmy19846071 The community recently started an AOE-3 photo contest. This shows how proud we are of the game for its looks. The graphics of AOE-4 lacks more vigor and detail. The only thing they really worked to make it look nice is the meadows and the terrain. However, they need a touch to make them more organic, just like trees.

(Not to mention the disproportionate buildings and artillery without operators or transportation.)

4 Likes

I’d say aoe4 looks better than 3 by a small margin, really close.

3 Likes

Exactly 15 seconds before the enemy left everything in rubble and ashes :grin: :grinning: :laughing: :laughing:

You picked such a bad image for AoE3. I like them both, but here’s a pretty one taken from the steam page for both:

I like both, and you can have your own opinion, but when we put their best foot forward I see AoE3DE coming out ahead.

13 Likes

Nono, i picked a random image IN the royal trailer with units and ground , that was my point about my post, to demonstrate that aoe3 units doesn’t match with the style and ground ,

Also , if we are gonna compare aoe 4 with aoe3 , I’m gonna choose another image showing a city for aoe4

The image for AoE3 really is never going to happen ingame, ever.

The image for AoE4 actually is easily achievable because of how bushes and paths form around buildings.

4 Likes

You still took one of the least flattering stills you could find and compared it with the most flattering still you could find of Aoe4.

1 Like

I was thinking same that my game never looks so bad in AoE3.

1 Like

How about this? I see things pretty close to this in my games:

11 Likes

You will never come across a base built like this. Let alone the unchopped trees, the unbuilt wagon, (what is this huge dock? haven’t seen it) and of course the nicely tilted buildings.

Of course if you really tried, you could recreate this. But I would wager that it is a lot easier to get a nice looking base going in AoE4.

By pictures alone, those images you’ve posted look a lot nicer to me, but I have yet to ever see such thing in the actual game.

Well I can do this all day. Honestly i just don’t know what you guys are seeing. I think aoe4 looks good and I want it to do well but we can also recognize what a great job the devs did with aoe3.

12 Likes