Why don't we work on another big fan patch that enacts all the changes we want to see?

Yeah you’re right. Now I see why the legendary ESOC team really had to make 2 patches - one for 1v1 balance, and one for treaty.

Curious, I dug into the history of the ESOC Treaty patch, and people back then have already thought thick and thin through all of this, and have implemented a lot of people wanted. Look below and see what ESOC team already did back then -

Aztecs:

• Coyote Runner now have 165 HP and 20% ranged resistance (from 150 HP and 10% ranged resistance)
  • Warrior Priests no longer cost population
    Suggested Buffs / Nerfs

Chinese:

Dutch: (eco was boosted for treaty)

• Villager limit increased to 65 from 50. No longer gain +4 villagers from Cavalier politician to Age 4
  • Tulip speculation now increases bank gather rate by 20% (from 15%).

France: (good ol’ OP France was nerfed more)

• Cuirassier - New stats are 450 hitpoints, 26 damage, 1 splash (from 500 hitpoints, 30 damage, 2 splash). Cost reduced to 140f/140g.
  • French can no longer train the Hussar
    (same link above for the suggested buffs/nerfs for Aztecs)

Iroquois/Haudenosaunee: (problem of late game wood was fixed)

• Infinite 1500 resource shipment is now 1200 and gives 1200 wood (from 500 food 500 wood 500 coin)

Japan: (strong units were nerfed)

• Naginata HP card decreased to 20% (from 30%)
  • Yumi Archer Attack card increases damage by 10% (from 15%)
  • Ashigaru Musketeer Attack card increases Ashi damage by 10% (from 15%)
  • Way of the Bow now only increases Yumi hitpoints by 10% (from 15%)
  • Close Combat card now only increases Ashigaru hitpoints by 10% (from 15%)
    First the Swedes, then the Incas, and now the Japanese please

Ottoman: (slight but much-needed anti-cav buff for jans)

• Janissary melee multiplier vs cavalry now 2.5 (from 2.0), vs light infantry now 2.0 (from 1.5)

Russia: (units were a little stronger to be more pop-effective, thank God)

Souix/Lakota: (lategame eco buffed a little, like what I tried to do in this mod)

• Earth Bounty card now gives a 1.25 wood trickle (from 0.65 wood/gold trickle)
  • Great hunter card now allows villagers to gather from all resources 15% faster (from 20% faster hunting)
    Lakota, treaty eco

If anything, the devs already took from the normal ESOC patch that made the game a lot better. I don’t think it would hurt at all to take a few changes from the ESOC Treaty patch as well

1 Like