Workshop content sold as a dlc for 13 euros

:rofl:

I have a lot of thoughts and opinions. I never said they were good ones or based on personal experiences, hahaha. However, I have played a lot of game mods, in general, for a variety of other games. (But also mods within AoEā€¦ just not campaign ones.) So, from that perspective, that is the experience I draw from :smiley: And Iā€™ve heard a lot of questionable voice acting and an array of voice-recording equipment used in those modsā€¦ for better or worseā€¦ usually with a great difference from just one character to the next within the same mod because voices are being recorded in different homes. Thatā€™s awesome in its own right, and is kind of charming it itā€™s own way. But itā€™s often a stark difference in quality compared to pro voices/music being recorded at the same studio, or with consistent levels of recording quality and equalizing with pro equipment available to studios and their budgets.

Thatā€™s awesome. Thanks for the recommendations! I havenā€™t done much in main campaigns eitherā€¦ but Iā€™m hoping V&V will open my eyes much more to this, where mods will be bigger priority in future. Itā€™s nice to have some nice mods to consider if/when that time comes, so I appreciate this

Did you know Filthydelphia posted this here a couple years ago? A couple of these are what I played so far of his:

Aside from that, I remember trying Attila the Hun and Joan of Arc, but never got too far in them. I enjoyed certain aspect of them, but Skirmish matches have sucked up all my AoE time over the years, lol

For now, I will wait to see how V&V goes before going into more campaign/scenario/mod stuff. And even that will be difficult, because Baldurā€™s Gate 3 is taking up a lot of my free gaming time at the moment

Sounds like youvā€™e been busy! Thatā€™s quite a contribution to do mods for the game. I have a feeling itā€™s not easy, quick, or simple work, and draws on your individual creativity. So thatā€™s great! I hope Patreon and the Indie route prove nicely successful for you!

1 Like