A request to developers - vote

Do you want ā€œNapoleonic Eraā€ to become the new DLC and do you want the developer to get along with the creators of this mod?
  • YES (upgrade the mod to become a full-fledged DLC)
  • NO (I donā€™t want any DLC for this game)

0 voters

This poll is only about that one mod.
Information about this:

Personally, I propose a season pass for this game. The above mod could be one of its DLC.

3 Likes

It would be nice to hear more peopleā€™s opinions. I think I should share this with multiple communities like Reddit, Steam, ESOC.

Another thing I want to say is that I donā€™t want NE or WOL, not all DLC. Probably the majority of those who answered ā€˜noā€™ have that idea.

2 Likes

The lead developer of this mod and the (lead?) developer of Age of Empires 3 DE is the same person. I donā€™t mind.

1 Like

New Civilizations:

• Americans
  • Austrians
  • Italians
  • Poles
  • Prussians
  • Swiss
  • Persians

New Maps:

• Alpine Pass
  • Alps
  • America Random
  • Appalachians
  • Atlas Mountains
  • Barbary Coast
  • Black Forest
  • Finland
  • NE Lake Baikal
  • Levant
  • Malta
  • Mesopotamia
  • Nile Delta
  • Nile Flood
  • Nile River
  • Reservations
  • Rhine
  • Sahara
  • Shangri La
  • Sinai
  • Syrian Desert
  • Trade Routes
  • Ural
  • Vinland

They will release 2civs/DLC and each will cost 10 bucks probably.

1 Like

I would definitely love to see more DLC for AoE3! Iā€™d donā€™t believe I would want the DLC to take place in Europe proper for the Napoleonic Era but a campaign of Napoleon in North Africa would be cool.

There should be a option for no, but still wanting dlc. I donā€™t think the mod itself should be upgraded to a dlc, but i think you can take ideas from it if they are planning some european dlc, although I personally believe they should focus on other areas of the world first (Africa, indonesia, maybe more south american civs) before europe. Considering Italy was the third scrapped civ, maybe Iā€™ll be proven wrong.

An interesting mod for sure, a lot of work went into that. It can be used as inspiration for new DLC but shouldnā€™t just be added as is. For one it adds several new mechanics, buildings and units.
Also it adds an Habsburg Austria a Holy Roman Empire, Prussia AND german natives? Thatā€™s a lot, and the Habsburg Austrian and the HRE are basically the same. The HRE even ended in the Napoleonic era, I donā€™t know why it is in this mod tbh.
Also Switzerland? Maybe Im missing something about their importance but they seem like an odd choice.
The US is allready a revolution, but I guess it could work? Not sure here.

4 Likes

Hard choice because Iā€™d like new DLCs but not necessarily NE. NE adds too much new stuff and some of them are a little out of place (e.g. Age-up with woods?).
However the Swedes seem to very much be inspired by NE, and Iā€™d say borrowing some unit designs would be nice. To be more specific:

• Unique units for new civs like Poles, Austrians, Danes, etc.
  • European and Middle-Eastern maps with new natives.
  • One or two new shared units for all European civs.
  • Some new shared mechanisms for American/Asian civs.

Moreover, they added some unique arsenal-like upgrades for Aztecs, which is nice because Aztecs is the only civ that does not have access to any military upgrade from buildings (besides some big buttons).

Edit: so Iā€™d like ā€œdowngradingā€ the mod to fit the game better rather than"upgrading" it.

1 Like

Really? :astonished: How do you know about this? If thatā€™s true then this mod should become a DLC without any problems.

dlcs should come next month, a long time has passed

If so, I reach for my wallet - let it be that way.

1 Like

I invite you to vote:

I wish there was DLC, but is not the ā€œNapoleonic eraā€

6 Likes

Iā€™m not opposed to new content in game, However I want a fully playable and balanced game prior to releasing new content. Civ/Maps

3 Likes

I voted No, but actually do want DLC for this game, just not that mod that completely changed even the base civs, and adds both Austrians and Habsburgs, which is ridiculous.

4 Likes
  • The Germans with the ruler August II the Strong - elector of Saxony

Even 2 news civs are still messing up the game balance.
Unless they are able to solve it otherwise it will be a nightmare.
Or better becomes single player game.

i vote to a reserved yes.
i mean i do want a DLC but not whole NE.

1 Like

I would only want Poles, Danes and Persians added from that mod. Not all the civs.