Announcing the August-October 2024 Screenshot Contest!

It’s time to revive the old tradition that @squamiger8043 brought over from the early days of the AoE3 forums to this community. A tradition that other AoE series can only envy us for.

Share your best, most aesthetic, and most well-crafted screenshots, composed either in-game or in the scenario editor. Let’s fill this thread with the beauty of AoE3! At the end of October, I’ll gather all the submissions with the most likes, and we’ll vote for the best one!

The contest will be following the already established rules.

SUBMISSION RULES:

• Give every submission a title.
  • One submission per post—you can submit as many images as you’d like, but make sure to create a new post for each one.
  • Crop or remove the UI.
  • New, original submissions only!
  • No memes—this thread is for in-game artwork.

Every post not following the rules will be disqualified, regardless of the number of likes it receives.

A FEW TIPS TO HELP YOU GET STARTED:

• Use the scenario editor, accessed through Tools → Scenario Editor from the main menu, either from scratch or load a regular map in it ( File → New → Type ).
  • Go into camera editor ( Cinematics → Camera Editor ) and click Free Cam. Zoom in or out as much as you like, and adjust the pitch and the rotation of the camera with ctrl + arrow keys!
  • To add sky to your scenario, search for skybox 1 or skybox (Objects → Place Object…), or search trough the Misc Props in embellishment (right click to shuffle variations from the same object).
  • I have published a mod that allows you to select all the skies from the HomeCities as well ( Additional SkyBox - Mods - Age of Empires )
  • To change the game lightning, use World → Lightning menu.

or

• Take your screenshots with the photo mode. Accessible trough the menu in a skirmish game, just by hitting the pause button, or on a multiplayer game, after its end.

To gather some inspiration, you can check out the past screenshot competition threads:
[ Screenshot Contest ]
[ September-October Screenshot Contest! ]
[ The 2022 Spring DE Screenshot Contest is Starting Now! ]
[ The Winter 2022-23 Screenshot Contest ]
[ Let’s Do It Again: The Fall-Winter 2023 Screenshot Contest - Age of Empires III: DE / III - Discussion - Age of Empires Forum ]

Free your creativity and try to capture the true essence of AoE3’s aesthetic! Good luck, and have fun!

7 Likes

Samurai duel under the Moonlight

25 Likes

Except Age Of Mythology - Retold

2 Likes

There is more that unites us than divides us - apart from the mythological theme, of course.

3 Likes

This is the content devs must promote for our beloved game!

4 Likes

Landing of the USMC

7 Likes

Treasure cave

14 Likes

This artillery gun is awesome. What mod is this from?

1 Like

I made it for “age of pirates” but I don’t know if it is included yet.
The model I used here is just static and has no animation.

2 Likes

March through the Desert

8 Likes

Temple y sangre en la arena del desierto.

5 Likes

Old wanderer through the sea of fog

Inspired by Caspar David Friedrich - Wanderer above the Sea of Fog - Wanderer above the Sea of Fog - Wikipedia

17 Likes

Vienna, 1683

Inspired by Battle of Vienna - Wikipedia

Old Photo with wooden walls

21 Likes

Upgrade your walls with “Bastion”.

Edit: Even hotter!

2 Likes

Awesome, captures perfectly the vision of a battlefield.

2 Likes

Just as the paintings :partying_face::ok_hand:!

2 Likes

That is an awesomely-chaotic image!

1 Like

Akan Village

9 Likes

Frontier falls

8 Likes

Streets leading north

5 Likes