It’s time once more for a screenshot contest! Get to work making your best images and scenes.
- Give every submission a title
- One submission per post-- you can submit as many images as you’d like, but make sure to make a new post for each one.
- Crop or remove the UI.
- New, original submissions only!
- No memes-- there are plenty of AoE3 memes but this thread is for in-game artwork.
I will probably close submissions sometime in the new year, when I feel like it, and we will vote once more as a community on the top 5 screenshots. I’ll give a weeks notice ahead of time for the end of submissions.
Some tips for making great screenshots:
- Compose a scene in the scenario editor, either from scratch on on a premade map. The “embellishments” category in the Add Units window is a great place to find lots of amazing models. There are seriously, thousands of things to add and play around with. Use the move unit tool to position things in interesting ways-- you can create new shapes, buildings, and objects by combining things together creatively.
- Go into camera editor and click free cam. Now you can zoom in or out as far as you want, and adjust the pitch of the camera with the cntrl + arrow keys, to get those super close-up shots!
- To add sky to your images, either use skybox 1 or skybox, OR, use the much better sky backgrounds that you can get by searching for Misc Props in embellishment, and then right-clicking through the objects until you get either a bright light sky, or a dark night sky dome.
- OR, the much easier way, start a skirmish and use Photo Mode. You access it by hitting pause in a skirmish or in multiplayer, and then you select photomode (beta) from the menu. This is a quick way to get great lighting and background sky scenes, but you have much less control over composition since you’re limited to what you can do in a skirmish game.
The past four screenshot competition threads are here, for inspiration:
[Screenshot Contest ]
[September-October Screenshot Contest! ]
[The 2022 Spring DE Screenshot Contest is Starting Now! ]
The Winter 2022-23 Screenshot Contest
Also, if you’re interested in screenshots and scenarios, join my discord here: Squam’s Scenarios and Screenshots
Best of luck!