New Civ ideas

this is more covering than the aoe3 urumi anyway, im happy

2 Likes

AoE3 Indians were themed after rebels and revolt against the British Raj.
Nothing says ā€œrighteous revoltā€ more than a scrawny looking guy with a sword and a shield, that looks like he should have never stepped foot into an actual battle.

You can find examples of such ā€œde-clothedā€ figures in every revolution, like Lady Liberty in the French Revolution or the Hardenned Proletarian is Soviet posters.
It is supposed to instill empathy for them, and make them look like the downtrodden fighting a monstruous oppressor.

2 Likes

The one thing I hope if thereā€™s going to be official civ modding support in the future that it wonā€™t work with specific data sets but more like how other strategy games like Civilization do it aka you can have different additional civs from different creators in the same game and donā€™t have to choose between them.

It would still be way better if at least some of them would come officially in the game, because modding all those graphics, especially new architecture sets and the destruction graphics will get extremely time consuming for the graphic modding community if they bother create them which isnā€™t guaranteed.

Also getting unique voice lines isnā€™t easy either. Some of them are already in other Age games which might ease the task though.

2 Likes

You might want to rename these.they make no sense.I dont think any of these techs are doable in game.

4 Likes

do you have suggestions? btw im gonna make individual post for all these civs so that we can discuss and come up with new ideas for these civs

UU Nilame similar to a european knight lord
UT Angampora sri lankan martial arts
UT2 Duty system similar to the european feudal system

1 Like

Ok ill change after i get some infos about these

i have already added a tech like this to kannadigas called ā€œNaymankaraā€

I actually wanted to add the units in you dpā€¦ it looked bad ass but it was way out of aoe 2 eraā€¦ i think the name of the weapon is ā€œkandithukwaā€

Duty system is the english term sinhaleese word is rajakari kramaya.

You mean in my avatar pic? Its called a kodituwakkuwa(flag gun,grasshopper cannon) locally made gun in the 16th century.

1 Like

plz link them here so its easy to find!

1 Like

ok ā€¦
first civ concept from this list Visayans : New civ idea - Visayans

1 Like

i (re)made my tamil civ idea
i used a different format, please tell me what you think!

you can also name it as: Ghumura dance or Chhau dance to make it different from the UU name.

1 Like

by the way, i changed the bonuses in my tamil civ since they had six, and were a bit OP
something to keep in mind if you are thinking of the original bonuses

1 Like

Looks like you covered most of the bases, however I would suggest more Finno-Ugric civs which controlled a lot of area in the middle ages. Suomi?

Maybe also the Ainu.

3 Likes

Finnish would make good civi choice they are not vikings or slaves.

1 Like

Only one of the Ugric cultures is in the game: Magyars, Finns will be a good idea to cover the rest of the groups from the culture. But the problem is they are far less influencial than a lot of civs that remain to be covered.

True but its a new civi idea from the usual dutch swiss and polish civis for another european one.
They did fight a lot it seems.

Magyars donā€™t belong in the gameā€¦ there are already the Huns. Why the heck they put them in there I donā€™t know. Kind of screwed over the Poles if anything

1 Like

Lol no.
It is the other way around. Magyars were Medieval, and actually had a culture we can identify. Huns were just a world-ending event for Western Asia and Central Europe.

If anything, we did not need the Huns, because we already had the Mongols and the Huns belonged to AoE1 more than AoE2.

3 Likes