Priorización de Selección de Unidades

Something that the game already does is prioritize the selection of your own units if the opponent’s units are together. This can be improved with the way aoe2 selects his units.
But I am also interested in selecting the rival’s units to identify and count them, especially counting them, that is very complicated at first glance

Proposal
What they can do is an option that can be activated to prioritize the selection of military units if they are next to economic units

For selection of economic units
Alt+ click

For selection of rival units
Alt+Shift + click

Second option
If someone does not want the game to prioritize the selection of military units

To select Military units
Ctrl +click

For selection of economic units
Alt+ click

For selection of rival units
Alt+Shift + click

3 Likes

Since I started playing aoe3de (when I found out that Spain had new cards and units, hehe “Hacienda”), I began to enjoy the mechanics of only being able to select military units from civilian ones.

The only problem that I see in applying it to aoe4 automatically (Automatically prioritize military from economics) is that there is a common strategy of send the villagers to fight, and to destroy enemy buildings, as if LITERALLY they were formed militias, and the best thing is that IT IS VIABLE, especially in the strategies all of nothing, or to repair your siege after the battle when you get some villagers. ¡The fury of village rebellion pays off! (as in medieval village rebellions and levies). And for thar thing, is vital that you can select either villagers and military units along.

However, I do not rule out the idea itself, like you say at the end, if could be applied in another way as a shortcut:

• The thing would be, that just as there is a shortcut command to pick all the units on the screen, there is a shortcut command to select only the military units on the screens, the economic ones, and so on. that way, as you say: Ctr + Ctr , Ctr+Ñ, whatever.

Beasty mentions that he selected the rival army to analyze their units, an example of the need for a hotkey that selects only the rival units, even if ours are close

:point_down:exact minute
https://youtu.be/apLVz9QFgfs?t=2231