Request for Physical Collectors Edition Release

YES PLEASE.

With special civs for collectors editions.

What? Do you mean exclusive civs only for Collector Edition buyers? If thatā€™s the case, what a terrible, regrettable idea. I plan to instabuy a Collectorā€™s Edition of Age of Empires IV, but that doesnā€™t mean I want people that cannot afford buying it to have less civs to play.

Extra content like including all future DLCs for the game, or collector material like an artbook, a high-quality soundtrack, cards, posters, figurinesā€¦ things like those would be perfectly fine.

6 Likes

Like the old games. With instruction manual, nice artwork etc. Maybe even a physical discā€¦ I realise will probably be a download code because of current year but that would be a dream. It would also be nice to let us redeem it on whichever store we like so we are not locked in to Microsoft store for choosing the physical edition.

Thanks!

5 Likes

I would definitely purchase this.

3 Likes

I donā€™t support any in game content being locked behind a special edition.

2 Likes

Not in game content, but extras like soundtrack, artbook, prints, a figurineā€¦ that kind of things. I miss a lot the old big boxes with physical tech trees, civilization cards and so.

3 Likes

I 100% agree with you

Me want it really bad too!! Please give us one!

1 Like

Hello,

Do you think thereā€™s going to be a collectorā€™s edition? such as AOE3 :slight_smile:

Hello everyone, Iā€™m an old school player and have loved AOE since I had original back in 98ā€™ and was wondering is there actually going to be physical copies of the game released? I love to have some box art with technology trees, Maps and just an old school information guide included. Maybe there wonā€™t be an actually disc and just a code. Iā€™m asking because i want to pre-order and donā€™t see anything about an actual old school box release.

4 Likes

Hi @BTG099, Back when Age of Empires: DE released there was a Steelbook version available in Europe for a limited time without installation media included, just the case. Since that time, as far as I know, there have been no other physical editions released or announced to date worldwide.

Since Age of Empires IV is a brand new game, there has been a significant number of fans who are requesting a physical collectors edition of the game.

If you would like to provide feedback on what items you would like to see in such a release, please vote in this poll:

4 Likes

Thank you for the information. Steelbook release would be :+1:

2 Likes

Would love a Physical Collectorā€™s as well.

Comments in other topics requesting a physical collectors edition release:

8 Likes

Physical collectorā€™s edition or we riot.

Somehow. Keeping the safe distances. But we riot.

Is there any plan for a physical / retail / collectorā€™s version?

thanks
greetings

1 Like

I would like to know myself, Iā€™ve now played the game, and even though Iā€™d probably would have bought the game day one. I just donā€™t want to pre-order on Steam and then hear theres a psychical copy being released.

1 Like

Iā€™m also holding off on pre-ordering because i much rather have a physical collectors edition.

1 Like

The odds of a physical release are slim and none and slim just left town.

1 Like

I would also love a physical edition. I will still buy the Digital Edition, but if a Physical Edition gets released, I would like to still have access to everything that I bought, Digital or otherwise.