AoE4 Civilization Concept: The Ottoman Empire

Theres like 4 threads in this section of the forum talking about the Ottomans.

One with a Suggestion of a DLC.
One in a generic Turk civilization Discussion
One asking for Ottomans to be added.

And then this One, being just a Concept Idea.

If you haven’t noticed, I’ve made plenty of Civilization Concepts before making this one if you even bothered reading the first post.

Southeast Asia:
The Majapahit Empire
The Dai Viet Dynasties
The Burmese Empire
The Champa Kingdoms
The Thai Kingdoms
The Khmer Empire

East Asia:
The Korean Dynasty
The Japanese Shogunate

Europe:
The Norse Vikings
The Scottish Kingdoms

The Ottoman being the 11th Civilization Concept I made.

This Topic, and the Topics of Civilization concepts are made for 2 reasons:
Thowing the Idea of this Civilization out there to the community.
but also giving them a brief history lesson of that Civilization related to the Game of Age of Empires.

Not just me, but I think many people who play Age of Empires are above average interested in History.
and Age of Empires 4 specifically wants to celebrate this history and put a focus on History.
I mean, just look on their campaigns, and events they throw out in honor of said history.

And if you haven’t noticed.

All civ’s is Gunpowder, Infantry, Cavalry and Religion based in this game. Even Naval, if you have a look at the full pictures.
Every civ currently is able to play all things, and has their unique strength on their things.

Gunpowder?
Well English and French has unique gunpowder units (rebalderquin).
English gunpowder units fire 25% faster.
French has mobile Cannons and Culverins.
Mongols have extra mobility on their gunpowder units, and with the Khan able to fire faster or granted more armor. And with the Kurultai, 25% more damage.
Chinese, having unique gunpowder tech, dynasty buff and NoB.
Abbasid having 15% more health on theris.
Rus having Strelskies.
Dheli having Forced march for superior mobility, and ability to build fortifications in form of walls.

So in a sense. All 8 civs are “Gunpowder” civ in their retrospect.

So you point that Ottomans won’t give anything special to the game, well is True to a sense, but that same argument can be given to any of the current civs in this game!

French don’t give anything special. English don’t give anything special, etc.
We might as well cut one of these Civ’s off.
Lets say, we just get rid of Dheli while were at it? Due to them being plagued with bugs.

For the sake of balance, and Polish, and for the fact, Dheli doesn’t give anything special to the game.

Nah, that would be outright silly.

While indeed this game need further Polish and Bug fixing.
This is a neverending job. It can Polish and Bug fix into eternity, as long as new patches are coming out, even without any new content. A change to the code is always a risk of a bug to the code.

But that being said. It’s not like this game is Unplayable. It’s still playable enough at the Competative level.
It’s not so horrible bug ridden than you can’t hold tournaments in this game!

Unlike many other Games now days have been.

When you look at it in its whole.
This game has been had surprisingly low game-breaking bugs compared to most games being released lately.

Ever heard of the massive criticism Cyberpunk2077 had at release? Fallout76 memes? Warthammer Total war? WC3 Remastered? Amazon’s New World?

Just to mention a few games far more hyped up than this one with a much vaster budget.
And 2 of these games I mentioned Fried peoples graphic cards rendering them useless! OUCH!
because if a tiny simple error of not having a frame-rate limited by default!

People saying this game will be dead anytime. Now that’s a thing I’ve commonly seen over and over again.
Yet it haven’t died yet?
They said the same thing about AoE3. Yet it still has a small but thriving community?

AoE franchise is one of those game franchise I actually don’t think will ever die. As long as AoE2 exist and has the popularity it has.
That in itself will keep any other AoE games alive just by proximity.

And I’m exited for Stormgate.
Not for the reason I want to play the game.
but so that most SC-fanboys can go over to that game and complain instead of trying to change AoE into just another “SC” game. but with medieval setting.

1 Like