[BIOMES] Post here biomes (wildlife, flora, water and terrain) of any continent that you would like to see in the future

I am fond of nature and that is why I want to see which regions and ecosystems you would like to see converted into digital files in AOE-3 DE.

Propose gaia elements such as fauna that is only for decoration in the game.

Example:

Styles of water (crystalline waters, oceanic waters, turbid waters, reefs, etc). The weeds that surround it and the fauna that inhabits them.

Example:

Trees and weeds of all kinds. (Ferns, chamizas, dead trees, etc)

Example:

Cliffs, rocks and all kinds of terrain.

Example:

I hope you have understood my point. The idea is to provide general concepts of our beautiful planet to potentially apply them in the game. Thanks!

6 Likes

Sahara Dunes, (afternoon/shadows)

Desierto Florido, Atacama

The rainbow mountains from China

Nazca Lines, Peru

8 Likes

Don’t want to hijack your thread, but more of this in AoE4 and AoE2 would be nice, as well

6 Likes

It wouldn’t be the most realistic of battlefields but an island with volcanoes, hot magma, and the like would be cool.

3 Likes

The great plains map has geysers. It could be put on without problems.

2 Likes

Cerrado

And Caatingabioma-caatinga
Both in Brazil

Cerrado and Amazonia are probably big enough to be split in multiple maps.

2 Likes

Would like some urban kind of map, based in Europe

1 Like

That could be cool,
It could have mills through the map with higher gather rates to reward map control

3 Likes

I’d love to see more man-made props on the battlefield and things like fighting in inhabited areas. Yes III is about colonization and, as it should, most maps are pure and wild (outside of native and trading posts) but at the same time regional diversity is huge and by now it’s totally fine to have some maps that recreate fighting on the outskirts of Native settlements and cities, as well as colonial settlements, outposts, towns, harbors etc.

In AoE II there is a lot of gaia buildings and neutral, man-made decoration and terrain textures- dirt paths, cobblestone streets…
I’d like to see a Dawn of War (1-2) twist i.e. having some normal biome background and map filled with buildings that can be destroyed, creating chokeholds and maybe mazes in spots, with abandoned outposts that can be garrisoned, with ruins of small fishing villages or farms.

3 Likes

Biome, terrain and landscape style of the north of the Andes:

Trees:

Andean oak

Tree 7 leather

Wax palm

Shrubs and ground:

Frailejon

Andean dandelion

Fern

Heart plants

Fauna

Andean condor

Andean bear (The only bear in South America)

Carriqui bird

Yellow-eared parrot

(These could be the hunt)
sabanero rabbits

Andean deer

Rivers, lakes, ponds.

1 Like

I would like to see the rainforests of the Congo Basin represented in a future map for those of us with the African Royals DLC.

Wildlife would include the bongo, okapi, and elephants as huntable prey and gorillas (in addition to the leopards) as guardian animals.

Bongo

Okapi

Gorilla

3 Likes
1 Like

Lake Nakuru in Kenya (Africa)

Ducks, turtles and swans are nice, but it’s a very repeating pattern and I think we should add new details to the new maps.

I would also like to see trees with animals, such as the vultures that are in a tree, or the eagle’s nest.

For American maps there could be maps with trees that provide infinite berries that support only 4 pickers at a time. (It would be like a terrestrial version of the bayenas) and it would fulfill the function of a ‘catchable mill’ that exists on European maps. Maybe it could be like cattle that you have to wait until they are ready to “fatten up”, meaning they are ready to be harvested.

For Central American maps, for example, there could be avocado trees:

I think AOE-2, and even AOE-1 within their capabilities have good elements like these, but AOE-4 lacks a lot of this and it’s a shame.

1 Like

Ver cangrejos en las playas o tortugas seria un gran detalle

1 Like

I think I would like to see a "Pantanal " style map where buildings could lay on water (assuming they are on stilts) and both land units and boats could freely roam through the whole flooded map and interact with each other. It would be something different to say the least. I think AoE2 has a map like that.

1 Like

I believe that for this we must allow small boats such as canoes and fishing boats to move through shallow waters. Big boats would reduce ralism, but small boats would be fine. Fishing Boats, Canoes, and Catamarans should be able to cross shallows

I also think that it is already possible to build on the water, for example in the indochina map you can build on the lower parts of the river, so in theory a map like this is already possible.

2 Likes

Like buildable shallows from AoE2?

Exactly. I think it would be a fun unique map. It would definitely be banned from competitive play, but it is not intended for pro action, just for whacky unique friendly gameplay.

Sigh… How I wish this became true for AoE 4. Wolves, sheep and deer in Every. Single. Map. Not a bird in sight. Lifeless water except for resources.

AoE 3 really set the bar. I envy you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I thought of doing a forum about it in the AOE-4 forums, but I already did it in the beta versions where I received a lot of support, but it doesn’t seem to have brought in those who run AOE-4 considering the current state of the game. In fact I was excited to play the beta, until I discovered that it lacked vigor.

I’m sure they read you XD

In addition, many European maps have an urban aspect on the ground such as roads.

2 Likes