If you could include new mechanics, features or functions in AOE-3, what would you implement?

Algo como esto.

Defensas

Torres integradas a los muros
Torres de disparo (Actualizable con mas daño)
Torres de cañón (Mas alcance y causa daño de asedio)
No mas centros de muralla innecesarios

i would add quick tournament lobby 1vs1 or 2vs2, when any player can join, and play.
A lobby for tournaments, where the only thing to do is to join to the lobby , something like “sit and go”, where the player plays 1vs1 or 2vs2 with his partner and wait for others players to play agaisnt them, and the result is displayed on a table for tournament.

or the option to make a league in the same way

2 Likes

pretty sure you already can

They can be organized by age or by building.

In AOE-4 the sheep that you meet on the map follow your explorer. Could you add this function in AOE-3 as well? It is very useful!.

1 Like

I would implement a new game mode all cards, in which you don’t use a pre build deck, instead you have direct access to the deck building ui and can sent any card in existence to the civ

5 Likes

How about an infinite 12 Bison shipment ?
Or something like a Mongol Pasture that spawns Bisons ?

1 Like

My mod removes the ability to farm or use estates by the Lakota and instead has them passively spawn bison over time from their town centers.

That’s the solution I went with. Reliance on cards for your ability to gather a single resource is not interactive or fun, so I heavily dislike forcing an infinite shipment of bison into the deck of players.

I have yet to figure out how to give them the ability to gather coin, however. My temporary solutions are not that interesting.

1 Like

On water maps where whales don’t make sense, it would be nice to add an infinite food source. Specific places to put fish traps or something like that.

1 Like

In the future there could be natives or local populations dedicated to the sea or to trade:

For example, native towns that are located on the shores of rivers / seas / lakes and allying with them will allow you to receive experience of the aquatic trade route, you can create fishing boats, and you can create military ships. 3 benefits in one with a single TP. For example on a map of the Mediterranean Sea.

If in the future a DLC of the Middle East and / or more Asian civilizations is introduced, there could be hybrid TPs between the native trading post and the route trading post, which would be located on the trade route, (silk road for example). We would have 2 benefits in one (XP + native Allies).

There could also be infinite sources of currency on some maps, similar to whales, but this time it would be mines (It could be some kind of underground digging), with a limit of 8 villagers.

For freshwater maps such as the Amazon, there could be infinite food sources that allow 2 fishing boats, since there are no whales on these types of maps. There could also be both sources on some maps (whales + infinite fishing).

There could also be some type of infinite food sources such as some type of special berry, or some fruit tree (in Yucatan avocado trees for example)

On European maps, there could be catchable areas (like the castle of ‘King of the hill’ would be captured) that could grant passive economic benefits, such as cattle villages where you will receive free cows or sheep every certain amount of time, or agricultural villages where you can Create some special villagers and put them to work in this special mill or plantation. It will grow many more resources than an average crop. You can also send your own villagers. It will also grant some passive bonus in agriculture and it will give you access to some agricultural technologies.

4 Likes

The online experience still feels very empty and lonely. Honestly, ESO was much better (apart from its bugs).

• Friendlist should always be on front.

• Online players in friendlist should be on top.

• You should be able to browse games or other things while waiting in quick search.

• Why can’t you see someone’s rank when starting a game?

• Aizamk’s observer UI should be built-in.

8 Likes

Que les parece una mecánica que nos permita poner trampas al contrario.

Las cargas explosivas

Funcionamiento:
Creamos una carga explosiva y le indicamos donde dejar el barril de pólvora, cuando el enemigo pase cerca la activamos con un disparo.

Características:
La carga explosiva puede ser activada por cualquier jugador y la explosión puede causar daño a cualquier jugador sin importa quien causo la explosión (Si, incluso a nosotros).

Tecnología del arsenal:
Metralla: Aumenta el alcance y el daño de la explosión.

Saboteadores

Funcionamiento:
Los ninjas y asesinos podrían crear una zona con púas para dañar y ralentizar a las unidades que pasen por ese lugar

Características:
Las púas ralentizan y dañan a todas las unidades sin excepción (incluso las propias).
Las púas duran un tiempo limitado (¿quizás 20 segundos?)

Mejoras de la iglesia/santuario:
Camuflaje extiende la duración y el área de efecto

PD: por el momento no se me ocurre como aplicar el veneno.

1 Like

Me gustaría la capacidad de reciclar los pesqueros para recuperar la madera invertida en ellos.

Funcionamiento:
Mientras mas porcentaje de salud tenga el pesquero mas madera recuperaras.
Para reciclar los pesqueros, se tienen que guarnecer en el puerto.

Ejemplo de reciclaje:
Pesquero: 100% de salud = valor 70 de madera
Pesquero: 50% de salud = valor 35 de madera

En caso de que esto parezca OP, reciclar podría costar entre 10 y 20 de oro por pesquero.

4 Likes

thing is you can heal ships for free so there is no negative to simply waiting to recover full price.

2 Likes

Correcto. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

La única excepción seria que necesites los recursos con urgencia. Y seamos justos, esta mecánica solo la usarían cuando los recursos del mar se terminen (Late-Game).

Apart from losing the invested wood, you give the enemy a lot of experience. Recycling is the best.

2 Likes

Que los piqueros de tercio puedan disparar cada cierto espacio de tiempo

1 Like

There were some great suggestions people made, some other things I would like to see:

boarding mechanics for naval ships (talked about in other threads)

infinite unit cards shipping at the rate units train. (such as ten musk card ship at whatever upgrades are sent) for TR

cavalry attack while moving

random volley, (like attack move, but not focused on closest units)

blockade buy back (this is FFA related but once a blockade sent, a player should be able to buy it back perhaps at a more expensive rate but not a permanent thing)

Upgrading infinite native shipment units without using blood brothers card.

a unit called a war dog handler, that spawns dogs (like 5) and then attacks with them in a certain range. almost like a carrier unit for AOE.

a faloneer upgrade for explorers that gives them extra LOS ability

more terrain abilities, like muddy areas making cavalry slower, elevation impacts to range units,

units not firing from behind walls but allows certain number sit on walls with a range bonus. (help wall laming)

stop wall laming, a limit to wall segments one can build or something. its the most toxic thing of the game. FFA players make 8-10 layers sometimes.

3 Likes

Of course, the developers said that the nine European All explorers can only in home city to be upgraded to officers in their cards