Renewals to the original content and its first two expansions

As to the tower debate I always thought they were about right for the game. In the gunpowder era any unsupported small fortification is easy to take out. Not so much when you have units backing it up. This mirrors the game perfectly. The difference between the cannonball versus ships and shot for ground units was always offputting though I will admit.

IMO towers and fortifications should be fairly weak and easy to destroy, but also deal significantly more damage than they currently do, as well as fire faster than a normal unit. It’d make them more viable at defending areas early on, but less threatening once artillery becomes prevalent.

1 Like

This is desperately needed for the Amazonia map lol

1 Like

Yes. I proposed that there could be 2 trade routes of this type and each one travels in different directions, and they are on a different river bank.

The players would start on the same side of the river with two native villages nearby and on the other side there will be 2 more native villages with many more treasures and natural resources with small ponds.

1 Like

I want the legacy civs to have more uniqueness but not lose it’s simplicity to play. The new mechanics are not to so easy to get used to it and europeans are really smooth to get going.
Hope we get unique cards for some civs and I wish the best of creativity and feedback we can provide to developers this time.

2 Likes

European civilizations will likely receive an update in a future European DLC. A little extra complexity would do well as a university and a fourth resource that could represent alliances, domestic politics, or some specific military or economic use.

4 Likes

After the sixth patch addressing USA. :wink:

6 Likes

When will we have a refresh of the old content
?

I understand that developers do not speak out about it, perhaps because they do not generate false expectations or speculations that end up misinforming, but I think that before giving new content we should make the old not feel overshadowed by the new.

Sometimes it seems that the ideas we give to solve and improve aspects of the older content, end up being implemented in the newer. Many of the things that Mexico has now have been mentioned in the forums.

If you have a shortage of ideas for what’s new, then motivate the community to come up with ideas for future content. After all, AOE-3 is extremely flexible when it comes to mechanics.

I hope that by mid to late 2022 all old content will be revamped.

5 Likes

Of course,a European dlc (Italy and Poland-Lithuania) in August 2022 and an South American dlc (Brazil/Tupi and Argentina/Mapuche) or South Asia (Persia and Oman) in December 2022

2 Likes

Denmark is more relevant in the aoe3 time period and it was a colonial power and Italy which didn’t exist back then and Poland which was sort of absorbed by Prussia and Russia (Poland could be a revolt to germany and russia).

Denmark Revolutions could be Iceland and Norway (which could also be a revolt for Sweden).

This! And please devs if you are reading, do not leave out Asian civs either. They still don’t even have the reworks implemented to Euros for DE at release, Age V mercenary option, Age IV infinite mercenary cards, rework of some cards to make them more viable or even twerking Age up bonuses to avoid practically forced options for some ages like Summer Palace Age II with China.

Ps: I’m being specific to DE and not counting elements carried over from ESOC.

2 Likes

You remind me of an aspect in which Native American civilizations without arsenal and / or firearms are at a disadvantage compared to those that are, in the case of being allied with natives with firearms or gunpowder cavalry. I have already suggested a solution for this.

The Indians could also have this benefit, although I think it is better that they have access to an arsenal since many of their units are gunpowder (it could be granted by the Portuguese allies). India actually needs some tweaks, but I think their units are very good, so these tweaks are more late-game or treaty-focused.

For my india it is one of the best civilizations in supremacy.

2 Likes

There are some absolute design holes (that has little to do with balancing) that need to be filled:

• Asian outlaws are still quite bad
  • Viable outlaws and mercs are needed for Asian civs
  • Up-to-date mercenary cards for old civs
  • Most non-African natives are still quite useless
8 Likes

todas as civilizaçÔes do jogo tem atualizaçÔes de velocidade menos a índia e haudonosaune, mais haudonosaune tem acesso ao arsenal europeu e acesso a canhoes e morteiros o que ja e uma grande vantagem alem de ter 4 cartas completas para dano e vida para cav e inf , india so 3 cartas para melhoria de inf e mesmo assim são mediocres

3 Likes

If I could I would like this comment 100 times lol. Perhaps a small addition I’d make is giving the xp trickle for monasteries an equivalent in wood cost, since 1) cheaper churches produce also 0.7xp 2) You miss out on 0.6 coin trickle cause Monastery is 2 in one function-wise.

This could also bring more life and appeal to some cards like Age I monastery shipment. Many other cards deserve this fresh air btw, such as Sumptuary Laws and most civ’s hero cards.

1 Like

Asian maps do have asian outlaws and mercs. What do you mean? What we really need are native american outlaws for south american maps/civs, instead of the generic commanchero, pistolero, and renegado that look straight out of the old west.

Outlaws on Asian maps were rarely touched, unlike American ones which have been tweaked a lot or African ones which were very useful. Outlaws should be fair on most maps. If some maps have too good outlaws (like African ones before the nerf), it’s going to change the gameplay more drastically than resource distribution, etc.
Asian civs do not have better outlaw/merc options or ways to improve them like many other civs.

3 Likes

To that I would add that their re-nerf of other non USA outlaws (that they can spam from 3 buildings), just put American-map outlaws back into irrelevance with that pop usage for other civs. Not only that but now they have an even more useless Dance Hall/Atonement card (at least make it give outlaws hp and attack boost for non USA/Mexico civs). For example, a 2 pop pistolero-type unit seems decent with Dance Hall, but 3 pop is too much (1 pop was too generous), 3 pop for comanchero seems okay, considering as reference Black Riders pop.

I completely agree with you, Asian upgrade cards are waaay too specific for units, so if you build mercenaries or outlaws, they don’t get the generic ‘‘all infantry/cavalry/ heavy infantry’’ bonus. For most cases this should be addressed not by just generalizing the bonus to all unit types because of balance, but adding the units manually like devs did for comanchero and cav upgrade cards.

The Germans did not exist as a united nation either, but they are in the game as a civilization
well the same would apply with Italy,using the mechanics of city-states to age up

1 Like

And it’s been discussed many times that Germans shouldn’t have been a civ it should have been austrians and prussians.as two separate civs. British shouldn’t have had longbows either, that was just someone at Ensemble Studios being too nostalgic.

At any rate Italian city states were collectively too weak to matter at all during this period. But Denmark had colonies (They still have Greenland) and explored America before columbus misread the size of the earth.

2 Likes