These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.
- GAME BUILD #: all versions since 1 Year
- GAME PLATFORM: BOTH Steam / Microsoft Store
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 / 8GB MSI Radeon RX 5500 XT / AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6x 3.60GHz /1000GB Kingston SA2000M8/1000G M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0
In Multiplayer games (ranked and normal), there are often other players who gets a yellow or red clock during the game. I think its because of their low benchmarks. The higher the Pop and the Ages go, the more often they get yellow Clocks and the worse gets the performance on my PC. My Benchmark shows 1250, my GPU and CPU usage is always under 50% usage, and it shows 120fps, but on the end, i have not more than 5 fps. Its unplayable.
Since I started playing AOE 2 DE in November 2020 , I have this unresolved performance bug. In result, I have to continue with AOE 2 HD Version with my friends every evening. I tried very much to solve this, like install on a new windows 10 on a new bought SSD, without any other software on it. Nothing helped. Please, help us!
Here is a example video of a game of me.
It seems, that many others have the same problem as I have. Look at these posts:
How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
- 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- open a multiplayer game 3v3 4v4
- play until castle age with anyone with a yellow clock
- see that its no fun playing now…
Maybe I can play without performance ishues, although other players have bad benchmarks.
Otherwise a solution could be, to let only players with a high benchmark (1150) play ranked matches.
ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.