Nearly outdated stuff that could be useful. (Potential improvements)

Before I forget, let me add these to the list of outdated stuff that could be improved (and that seem to have more than a decent amount of community support).

White Pagoda Age up and Disciples update idea
What's the Worst early game unit? (and how to fix them)

2 Likes

I planned to include it here in this list to make it an infinite send and that by advancing to imperial they will improve accordingly. I was going to put it on useless cards, but since you propose to improve its appearance it could be 2 birds with one shot.

i personally dont really see winged hussars getting wings unless they actually add Poles.

1 Like

Do you think the Dutch emissaries could also play a role in the rest of the game?

They are good at exploring in the age of discovery, but then stop having no purpose.

Any historical argument to give them another function?

2 Likes

essentially they are diplomats, what exactly they have to do specifically with the dutch i dont know, for their purpose they are fine, they are not meant to be a good unit.

2 Likes

Perhaps it could have the ability to build native embassies and trading posts.

Nor do I see a reason for them to cost resources. They could be generated for free slowly over time in the urban center.

2 Likes

The Emmisary is the only Dutch unit that can build native embassies, that’s his use beyond early game scouting.

1 Like

I’ll leave my 2 cents, speaking of outdated stuff.

1 Like

Do they already do that? Thank you! I didn’t know.
(I remember now!. This feature was included because colonists no longer have building space in their building slot.)

However I think they could be a little more useful. Maybe have an improvement in the industrial age that allows them to receive shipments.
It would make sense in the case of a dipolymic unit.

2 Likes

I hope the devs make the in-game timer default setting. I sometimes watch total noobs’ stream and am annoyed because they never turn the timer on. The sense of in-game time also helps new players as well.

1 Like

I think it toggles between FPS or game time. That must be present as you suggest.

1 Like

Currently the markets only serve to make the improvements. To sell and buy are not usually feasible. When buying, a devaluation or an inflation in prices is always generated that is never recovered. I propose that like African cattle, prices are readjusted over time, and that the ‘Advanced Market’ card accelerates the process.

The ‘Advanced Market’ card, in addition to your current benefit, you could also make trading positions give you slightly more resources.

Captura de pantalla (306)

In case of having commercial positions, either in the route or in native settlements, it could make the values reestablish more quickly, and they are a little cheaper when you buy, and more expensive when you sell.

8 Likes

My suggestion on how to make grenadiers more practical and useful.

Considering the historical argument you suggest, he could have a build where he behaves like a standard musketeer, and has melee armor against cavalry and ‘shock infantry’.

In case of toggling to ‘grenadier mode’ he again acquires ranged defense and loses the bonus against cavalry. The transition from one mode to another (Grenadier-Musketeer) should take a while to enable so that it does not toggle instantly. In other words, when you return to musketeer mode, it takes some time for the grenadier mode to become available.

Maybe they could reduce their cadence, but increase their damage. Make each impact a little more intimidating. The grenade launcher card must be absorbed by the ‘advanced arsenal’ and the upgrade ‘Insendiary Grenades’ give it a bonus against general infantry, but against cavalry and ‘shock infantry’ a negative multiplier when in grenade launcher mode.

4 Likes
1 Like

The pillars of the wall are not needed.

1 Like

Otra opción es darle una mejora que les permita atacar, ¿quizås 2 de daño y una carta para darle un extra contra barcos?

1 Like

Maybe allow them to garrison villagers (5 maximum). And win a light attack. But even so, you can only build them where there are doors or you finish the wall.

ÂżQue pasa cuando quieras hacer un muro mas circular? por ejemplo en tratado o en una isla con bordes irregulares

It could be the exception.
However, the ability to demolish them before building will still be available.

1 Like

Pobres programadores nos van a querer matar :laughing:

1 Like