This is created to be a large hub of all the civilization concepts people have come up with in the community. This is @casusincorrabil’s project, I’m posting it because I can easily convert it into a wiki, as we agreed beforehand, allowing for editing beyond the usual time limit for a post, because wikis don’t have a limit on edit time. If you have any questions or anything, please treat this post as belonging to @casusincorrabil. Thank you.
Now for the civ hub (Everything below this paragraph wasn’t written by me). Note: because of limits on the number of mentions a post can have, the different geographical areas have been split down into replies below.
- Thread contains artwork
- Thread contains historic background
- Thread contains scenario/campaign ideas
- Thread contains civ design
- The political motive or historic accuracy is questioned, read with reasonable doubt
- Won the first place on [Poll] Best Civilisation Concept
- Got the second place on the Poll
- Got the third place on poll
@TheConqueror753 again, I’ve replaced the exclamation mark above, we now have several variants of the problematic things, which will need to be added into the lists below:
- Clear political motivation in post or significant political issue like that ()
- Questionable historical accuracy or inspiration ()
- Minor political motivation in post, or something in the comments by the original poster ()
- Other issue such as degrading civ ideas of others, or other civs as a whole ()
Please insert and edit the according civilization design threads. If there is an ongoing discussion about the civilization design or sub threads you can link these in the “Comments” column.
How to insert new civ concept proposals:
Go to the region, click the edit button. Look through the lines where your civ fits alphatbetical, make a new row and insert this line:
|[*civname*](*link*)|@*yournick*|*timeframe* AD|:paintbrush: :open_book: :horse_racing: :gear: :exclamation:||
Replace the star marked placeholders with the corresponding strings. Then remove the emoticon symbols your thread doesn’t fit. For example, remove the
:paintbrush: if your thread doesn’t contain a healthy amount of artwork.
open_book stands for historic background, horse_racing for scenario/campaign ideas, gear for civ design and exclamation for… basically controversy.
Be honest with yourself, the emoticons are meant to be motivational, so you can gradually improve your design over time. Nothing is perfect from the getgo.